First grow could use some advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL First grow could use some advice.

So this is my first grow and I have a few questions i think some of you guys can answer. I know i am doing quite well, my plants are doing well with many tops. I am in no rush and not on a time frame so I took the extra few weeks for some training and made them into bushes. I have a 3x3x6 tent with 3 plants in 5 gallons and 2 in 3 gallon fabric pots. They are about 2 and half months old right now. I want to switch to flower when they reach about 20-24", so I want to put a trellis in. Would it be a bad idea to water/feed my plants in the tent. It has a water proof bottom and I know it would not leak but would it cause any problems as to mold or anything like that? I do not have water trays below the plants because I was watering them in the bathtub for now. They are grown in fox farms soil. Using advanced nutrients line up. Some info would be great I can also post some pictures. In advanced thanks guys

Can you prop the plants up on like milk crates? A wet vac works wonders, or simply wipe the floor clean with a towel. It’s ok to do what you are plannng, but never leave stagnant water around the garden. Think clean garden like an operation room inside a hospital.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

I believe standing water in the tent causes humidity and mold issues as well as your pots not being able to dry out causing root problems. I water in my tent and use a wet vac to clean up runoff. My bags are also raised off the ground for air circulation. At some point you have no choice. Just clean up the runoff and you should be fine.

Comment

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        ...and attracts pests as well.

Also your gonna want to lower your RH on up and into the flowering stage to prevent mold and resin production (tricholmes)

Comment

• Thatguy147
        Thatguy147 commented
        Editing a comment
        I havent gotten a humidifier or dehumidifier. I'm usually in 35-50% humidity range. The wet vac is a good idea I'll have to try that. I'm currently growing some bag seeds I've saved o er the years of smoking. I planted 7 to begin with and I got rid of two of the other because I did not like how they were growing. I some how got lucky and managed to have 5 out of the 5 plants I have turn out to be females as I see pistils shooting out from each on the more bud sights. I'm wondering what my yields are going to look like. I'm thinking a little less than a pound, well I'll hoping at least. I'm not a rookie at growing but I know my lefts from my rights.

So this is it. No carbon air filter at the moment. No need for it yet. All though they do have a nice smell to them. Two higher powered computer fans pushing some air through. These are more of an experiment of which way Is best for me to grow. I tried different training methods and training/fimming/topping methods on each one to see which methods got me the biggest yield. They are in great condition as of what I see no problems and havent had any yet and hopefully none to come. What's everybody views on defoilating? I personally do it very frequently only because I'm in no rush to grow these plants. Any suggestions for things I could improve? 600 watt Mars hydro 2018 model. I feed 3 times then I flush with water once to rid of built of salts, then back to feed. I do use hydroponic liquid nutrients. Apparently they do work with soil. And what is a generally good height I should start them with flower? I was thinking 20-24" in my 6' tent.(I do need to feed them if that's why they are looking a bit depressed). And tips/tricks are always worth a ment

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X