No announcement yet.

Help with yellow leaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pH the water. Add drops until the water is at disired range. My soil pH is 6.7. I need to drop the pH of the water to apx 5 or 5.7

Comment

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      Drop your next watering to 5.5. PH
      Are you using a soil probe? Don't, Catch a little run off.
      Everybody's water is different so you will need to experiment with how much it takes, for me 2ml to 3ml of ph down will drop my water from 6.8 to 6.1
      Last edited by Mr.furley; 02-24-2019, 03:59 PM.

I grow in organic soil and I try to keep it at 6.5 for my PH, Also I usually feed my girls with N and Cal-Mag after 3 weeks of veg not before . But hey my girls are in soil. Good luck DaveDude !!
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

Using a soil probe. Ordered a water pH meter. I started off with less than 1ml pH down per 1000ml. Mr furley, Gosh darn it your right , the other plants are showing some yellow. I think the most affected plant is a one of kind I'm growing Crimea Blue. it may need more nutrients than the others.

Comment

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        The soil probes are not reliable, can you pick up some tape or drops as quick as possible till your pen comes? I always keep some around for back up.
        Don't panic, they are a resilient plant but you need to FIRST get you Water PH In check before trying to feed them a lot of nutrients. Did you order or pick up some?

No. Weather not cooperating today. Pen should arrive tuesday.

Comment

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        Make sure you get/have calibration solution too.

Honestly I feel this site should add more to the organic soil mix tutorials that’s is trully the way to Grow Weed Easy atleast for beginners. It mostly encourages new growers to use this and that nutrient bottle and links to companies mostly General Hydroponics. Now that I have a couple of grows and equipment under my belt I’m realizing I’ve been wasting my time when I could just use an organic soil mix and not worry about ph or having to buy unnecessary equipment that I will have to buy again and again because as we all know everything has to break at some point. Unlike soil it just gets better and better as long as you’re not using synthetic salt based chemical nutrients. That being said I found bottled nutrients in DWC was easier than using them in soil..

Comment

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        This information is not helpful for this thread

Forgot to add no need for ph pen just use the drops they worked for me plus you hear all the time my ph pen isn’t working I think let me double check with drops lol so if you trust the drops over ph pen why do you use a pen?? Does that make sense?? Not to me

Comment

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        Battery died and some of us don't live next door to Walmart, once again this information is not helpful for the problem at hand in this thread.

Ok guys all great info. It is much appreciated. I am using fox farm ocean forest would like to keep my ph of runoff water about 6.5 correct? It is currently 6.2 added 7.0 ph at last watering still the same at 6.2 can I add 7.5 next time to try to help raise the run off water or is 7.0 the highest I should go

Comment

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        With your soil you shouldn't worry to much about jumping the pH up, unless you are outside of the 6.-7. Range. 6.2 should be fine for now don't go above 7.0ph.
        How much runoff are you producing? You should only have a little bit in soil as to not wash away your nutrients.

Check the GWE info but it may be good not to water to runoff too much or I think it depletes the nutrients faster?

Comment

This is from GWE page on Underwatering. It is relevant to watering in general it seems.

From wilting to dropping to yellow leaves to nutrient deficiencies, under watering cannabis can cause a lot of unexpected problems and symptoms. Learn & fix!

'How to water cannabis properly (for soil and most soilless mediums)
        1. Wait Until Plant Needs Water – Wait until the top of the growing medium is dry about a half inch deep (up to your first knuckle). Preventing the topsoil from staying wet for long periods of time can also help prevent bugs like fungus gnats. Some growers prefer the "lift the pot" method to figure out when plants want water, where they actually lift the plant to see if it feels light from lack of water. Some non-soil growers, especially in coco or a very high-drainage growing medium, may water a little earlier when the top is just starting to dry out because it's more difficult to overwater plants in that type of environment. If you continue running into problems with underwatering, you might consider watering more often than is generally recommended. It may be you need extra watering due to small pot size, rootbound plants, temperature, humidity, etc.
        2. Water until you get a little runoff. If using nutrients in the water, add water until you see 10-20% extra runoff water drain out the bottom of your pot. This helps prevent nutrient buildup in the soil and if you have good drainage this type of watering schedule causes plants to grow faster than if you don't water to runoff (it also makes it much harder to under-water your plants). If not using added nutrients (plants getting all nutrients from the soil, for example in a super soil setup), then only water until you get just a tiny bit of runoff out the bottom, so you're not washing out your nutrients. However, you still want to make sure you're saturating your medium – you don't want dry spots in the soil!
        3. Go back to step 1. If water does not come out quickly or pots take more than 5 days to dry out for step 1, you may have a drainage problem or need to give less water at a time until your plant is drinking more. If pots are drying out in just 1-2 days, you may need to give more water at a time, or transplant to a bigger pot.'
        '

Comment

This new hobby of mine is becoming more of a passion. Seeing a once restricted seed grow and flourishing beautifuly is amazing. Learning how factors such as light, heat, humidty, pH levels, nutrients etc. can affect the success of a plant is newly found and challenging. Lots to learn and experience in the up coming months, thank you for helping, my questions might seem trivial however I really have no one to ask, and every answer or suggestion is appreciated. Thank you.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X