Help with yellow leaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with yellow leaves

Please help figure out what is going on gave 1/2 dose fox farm grow big and big bloom do you think I need to add cal-mag ph at roots is good

First thing you need to do is check your plants really good for Bugs.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

I have did have spider mites have sprayed once with neem oil last Saturday sprayed with green cleaner tue and Thur and will spray with neem oil again Saturday

Comment

That's is what is going on with the leaf color. Feed your plant with nutes but do not diagnosed it as a nutrient problem until you have eradicated the spider mites. They are Penske little SOB's so make sure you are checking everywhere.
        good luck.

Comment

Only plant I have doing this. But it flourishing with new growth. Not too concerned .

Comment

• Mr.furley
            Mr.furley commented
            Editing a comment
            I must be missing something?

• Potted
            Potted commented
            Editing a comment
            I don’t think so, look on back of leaves with a magnifying glass those little white things move.

Nitrogen deficiency? It's the only one of it's kind in the group experiencing this yellowness. Is it a natural plant cycle. Or does it need a bit more nutrients than the others .

Comment

Davedude
            that is not a natural part of the plant cycle, ultimately a good grow will have next to no leaf yellowing or die off unless it on the plant lower part getting shadowed or being flushed, So you are having a problem.
            looks more like magnesium or phosphorus then nitrogen but I'd need more details, Soil? Coco? PH? Calmag? Nutrient schedule?

Comment

I'm a beginner. Be gentle. I used a reg promix soil, myco in it. No Coco. pH is 6.7. no calmag or nutrients. Just dustilled water. Has been transplanted. Used root enhancer. If I'm adding nutrients what do you recommend.
              ​​​​​​

Comment

• Mr.furley
                Mr.furley commented
                Editing a comment
                I try to always be gentle, so I dont grow in promix but I do know that you need to feed them and your other plants will start to look likel this if you don't soon.
                Your going to need to get them some calmag asap and a base nutrition.I would also question the PH for PROMIX, I think that's a little high.
                I'm not selling you on a brand just a example, I use Fox Farm and Big Bloom is the base that goes in every feeding while grow big and tiger bloom come and go during the grow.
                Here is a link for ideas on nutrient lines
                What's the "best" cannabis nutrient system? There are literally thousands of choices! Learn what to look for and get examples of great marijuana nutrients.

I believe you need to treat your promix as a soilless medium pH range 5.5 to 6.5, I'd start there.

Thank you, that's great info. I appreciate it.

Comment

An unreliable source told me to add vinegar to my watering to lower ph level? I'm sceptical. Root farm sells pH down , I'm considering that over vinegar.

Comment

• Mr.furley
                Mr.furley commented
                Editing a comment
                Lemon and vinegar work in a pinch for down and baking soda can up, never use the two together only up or down, but store bought PH down is the industry-standard and a little more consistent.
                PH is #1 important, if its off you can give your plants nutrition till your blue in the pocket book and they won't uptake it.

Kicking myself for using distilled water, been told hard tap water increases calcium and magnisum and lowers pH. True?

Comment

• Mr.furley
                Mr.furley commented
                Editing a comment
                Yep. Most tap water comes with trace elements like copper, magnesium, iron, sulfur, calcium..........and has a base PPM of 150 to 250 depending on the area. Well water would be best as to not included such things as chlorine, bromine, fluoride..... used to treat city water. Any time you use reverse osmosis, filtration, or distilling you are removing Trace elements from the water and will have to replace them with what you want. Reverse osmosis is popular so a grower can control every aspect of the PPM. PH will very from area to area depending on what is more available, acid or alkaline.

Mr furley
              Question I use city water but leave in open container for 24 hr to get chlorine out is this true way to get chlorine out is this a good idea?

Comment

• Mr.furley
                Mr.furley commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes, if your city uses chlorine leaving the container open will let it evaporate. Some places do not use chlorine, you can check your city's water data they are required to make it public.
                Sorry we jacked your thread.

• TLP80905
                TLP80905 commented
                Editing a comment
                Like most other growers I leave water to air out for at least a day. I also keep a large 6 gallon container to fill gallon jugs for feeding.
                This is waht General Hydroponics says on it site about water and chlorine.

'My water is chlorinated, Is this a problem?
                Chlorine is highly volatile; it evaporates as soon as it hits the air. By the time the nutrient solution reaches the roots, the chlorine is gone. '

No matter what it says about chlorine dissipating quickly, I still wait before using it.

So how much of the pH down should I use to drop 1 pH/1000ml.

Comment

• Potted
                Potted commented
                Editing a comment
                It takes more ph up than ph down in my experience with store bought stuff

Correcting Ph is usually done by adding a few drops at a time to achieve the desired Ph level usually between 5.5 and 6.5.

Comment

I have read on other gardening sites that 1/1 mix of water and Isopropyl alcohol will kill mites, some people are allergic to neem oil. Worth a try.

Comment

• Colombo
                  Colombo commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Mineral spirits, kills the bugs does not hurt the plant. Kills "pollen" too.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X