Request for Addition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Request for Addition

NebulaHaze SiriusFourside and to all GWE members..

I would like to make an addition to the organic soil tutorial section.
    I am currently using the Clackamas Coot soil mix it’s is very popular and fairly easy to mix yourself. The reason why I would like this add on is because there isn’t too many choices or tutorials on organic soil and I feel the Subcool toturial is a bit intimidating, it calls for 100 or 200 gallons worth of soil mix (can’t recall exact number of gallons) and a big list of amendments and minerals. The Clackamas Coot soil mix is just a 3 part soil mix and just 3 amendments and 4 rock minerals. That mean you can easily mix 15 gallons of soil for small scale grows. The recipe is as follows.

Base soil mix
    1/3 Sphagnum Peat Moss
    1/3 Aeration
    1/3 worm castings
    Amendments
    Kelp Meal
    Neem Meal
    Crustacean Meal
    Rock Minerals
    Glacial rock dust
    Gypsum
    Bassalt
    Oyster shell flour

Thats it that’s is the recipe honestly I feel that if this was on the list of tutorials or organic soil recipe next to subcools or kindsoil a lot of new growers would try it and wouldn’t shy away like I did for so long. Being that our goal here is to help I think it should be added and I am thankful because if it wasn’t for GWE I wouldn’t have started growing so I feel this is my way of paying back for all the knowledge on growing that I got here on GWE.

That being said to all my GWE growers what do you guys think should this be added to the list?? I feel this is how you trully Grow Weed Easy, and cheap after the initial cost and labor. I can try to help new growers with Q’s about this mix and guide you to where I found my info and I trully believe that you guys will love how easy it is and the fact that you can make nutrients with herbs that can be found outside your house like Dandelions.. That’s just one example.

Let me know what you ladies and gentlemen think about this request I think it’s fair? Here is a pic of my two ladies. Can you see the beautiful green color? All I have done is water it with AloeVera gel from my wife’s plant..

I myself would never use neem anything, it is a poison, I would also be taking a sample to my local ag center for testing beyond NPK (cost $20 and a trip there). I did the testing with my homegrown organic soil and found it needed sulfur, the PH was 8.4, so adjustments were made (of course I got ahead of myself and had already plated a few)
    Enjoy!

Comment

I like the idea of using super soil and your right the recipes are intimidating so I haven't tried making any ,I do have one question in another post they were talking about having to use nutes after a few weeks ,If I were to use soil I would not want to add anything except maybe pk boosters , does this recipe for soil last the whole grow or do you need to add stuff to it
      new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
      current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

oldjarhead100 That mix should have enough to last you a full cycle depending on the size of your pot. Meaning if you grow in a 5 gallon pot you may need to add water it with some herbal teas in flower to give it a boost but if you are in a 20 gallon pot you should be fine all the way thru. I’m in a 20 gallon smart pot now and I have two plants going I’m pushing it with 2 but I’m gonna be using herbal teas to keep the soil going at it’s full potential. If your interested go on YouTube and look up KISS Organics there is a 3 series podcast with Clackamas Coot he explains all about that mix how and why he uses it. Also buildasoil.com has all the info on what herbs to use for the stages all natural herbal nutrients
        Last edited by Cali; 02-22-2019, 11:49 AM.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          see thats never said in a recipe how much you need to use to make it all the way though the grow Thanks

Rwise what makes you say neem is poison? What research have you done to make you believe that? I’m interested to know since it’s part of this soil mix..

Comment

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          I;ve used neem oil quite often before never had bad effects and the plants seem to love it

google is your friend, use this "neem oil poisoning"
        here's just one link from a search
        Let's understand the truth behind what is CHS (Cannabis Hyperemesis Syndrome). Together we will discover the origin, how to get relief, avoid and cure it.

and this thread here
        Hi, I was reading an article about how similarly CHS presents as Neem poisoning, found this link from NCBI discussing a case of neem poisoning, my question is

It is considered safe in veg, keep it away from flowers, I myself have never used it,,,

Comment

You can try make a healthy pesticide with Coriander seed and water. Basically you are making what made sm90 work. But sm90 has been temporarily pulled. I think you take half water half coriander seed boil 10 minutes, cool it and your good. Smells great. And its edible. Lol
          You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

Rwise are you serious bro that’s your research an article about neem poisoning. It starts with it’s a solid ALTERNATIVE THEORY lol sound like ALTERNATIVE FACTS lol. What about the thousands of years of neem cake/neem meal use and that chs syndrome have not been discussed or been a problem. There are hundreds of scientists and research on neem oil and it’s uses. You said Google is tour friend we’ll do more research not saying it’s not true or that it is just saying, who do you believe more hundreds of scientists or one guy with a Solid alternative theory lol. Plus it talks about eating 20ml really who the fuck would do that I mean eat toothpaste and your stomach will hurt I know I tried it when I was a kid lol. Well I guess maybe in India where it’s been used for thousands of years they use it a lot do more research bro. Also this neem is in the soil not on the actual buds you smoke some people do spray it on the vegetating leaves but I wouldn’t and to use it on buds hell no I wouldn’t even spray those that are on the GWE tutorials that claim to be safe all the way they flowering lol. Honestly do yourself a favor and go to KISS Organics and look up the 3 part series on Clackamas Coot he explains about neem and gives name to real scientists and research also books research that and let me know what you think? This is important let’s not let go of this. Another thing that second link is to a post made here and a lot of guys here have been using it did you ask them if they had any symptoms? Because none of them said they did why not?? That one side to side grow doesn’t do much for me as far as real science maybe that one guy can’t handle his weed lol but seriously do more research on it and please reply to this like I said it’s important let’s not let this go so we don’t go around spreading ALTERNATIVE FACTS.

Comment

• Rwise
              Rwise commented
              Editing a comment
              As I said. I never used neem oil, and never will, or other such products.
              There is way more info than I linked, and much of it conflicts, making things harder for us.. I agree more real studies need to be done! Even then I still will not use these things myself, each to their own. Dursban was said to be safe for our kids and pets, but then it was not and pulled from the market.
              Remember when they said cigarettes were safe? (I dont trust the powers that be, they are ruled by the almighty dollar)
              DE was said to kill hard shelled insects, but in reality does nothing but take your money. (yes I tried it, not on my weed)
              I personally have never known anyone that had CHS/CVS, or that uses neem oil on or in the soil or plants.
              BTW I am not saying dont use it, but look at the controversy around it and make your own choice as to what to use and when/where to use it! Be informed,, thats all.
              ALTERNATIVE FACTS,, well there is so much of this out there that we may never get it straight!
              One more comment, just because it is organic does not make something safe. (I grow caster beans, they are poison,,,)

Just want to add to anyone interested in this soil recipe if your getting scared away because of the neem cake controversy due to people and they’re ALTERNATIVE FACTS lol don’t shy away just throw something else in the mix instead of neem something like alfalfa meal. Also do research. I got my info from KISS Organics podcast a 3 part series with Clackamas Coot he explains this recipe he has been using it for years and no problems. Even if you don’t want to do this mix it’s a good podcast to listen to or if you rather read just go to Kiss Organics and read it it’s in writing also..

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X