seeds in female plants?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seeds in female plants?

If I get a couple of seeds in a female plant and then grow it, will it be female?
    Will it be the same as the plant that it came from?
    is there no way to know?
    complete beginner
    39" x 39" x 78" tent
    315 Watt CMH
    4" Phat Filter w/ 4" Hurricane duct fan
    Automatic top feed into coco.
    Mega Crop nutes

if you do the Feminization process,yes it will be female.but if not the seed are regular and same strain as the mother plant.
    if you harvested the seeds i recommend plant them.fresh seeds grow fast.

Comment

• Cronk
      Cronk commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks
      Last edited by Cronk; 02-18-2019, 02:46 PM.

Not necessarily. It really depends on how the female plant was fertilized. If she fertilized herself, it’s most likely it will be female. Only down size is you could be growing a late blooming hermi. You won’t know until the next grow is close to finished.
    No, you are not stabilizing the seeds so each seed has the potential of being different from the parents.
    Best to start with high quality stable genetics if you can. That’s how you get the best end results.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Howdy Cronk, I agree with Tokart1, it depends on how the plant was pollinated. If it is self-pollinated (by producing nanners) the resulting seeds will be female, if it was pollinated by male plant produced pollen they could be around 50/50 male and female seeds. My last two and the current grow were using nanner'ed seeds from previous grows. So far, all of the plants produced from them have been female plants. The germination rete has not been near 100% whether due to some of the seeds not being fully matured prior to harvest or due to 'inbreeding' genetic defects in the plant.
      Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• Cronk
        Cronk commented
        Editing a comment
        thanks. Too late, though, I already threw them out along with the others that I stupidly didn't mark. Wasted good seeds I guess. learned a lesson.

i guess I could try to dig them out

Just remember where you threw em,& pour some water on em inna spring.

Comment

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        ...Then watch out for balls on all the females. You can pluck them off, but if the unstable seeds were actually late blooming hermies, you could be in for an undesired surprise.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X