How long will mixed nutrients last

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long will mixed nutrients last

New to the forum & to growing. I'm getting ready to start my first grow in coco coir, I will be hand watering, just wondering how long my nutrients will keep after mixing. I'm using General hydroponics nutrients per grow weed easy tutorial. I have someone to water for me when I'm away but it would be nice to have it mixed for them to use. Just going to start out with one plant to get my feet wet but trying not to screw it up right off the bat. Thanks

Welcome to the forum . ive only grown in soil but i never keep nutes more than 24hrs. It seems the ph changes n it decomposes quickly. Maybe somebody else will know better.

Comment

Thanks I was just hoping I wouldn't have to mix every day, I forgot to mention I'm using smart pots so I will need to water every day from what I read. Thanks

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        SKMARTIN6 I still wouldn't premix; it's always recommended on my nutrient brands (I've used AN and Future Harvest) that nutes not be pre-mixed, but rather stirred into water after each new addition. I don't go that far, but I stir a few times adding around 10 different liquids.

Considering how dwc works if u ran air in it and kept it in a light proof container i would say 7 to 10 days I am just thinking out loud but I know ppl use a watering system when going on vacation.
      It's 4:19 u got a minute?

Comment

From NebulaHaze thee authority:

Get Nutrients That Let You Mix Water Ahead of Time

When you need to make nutrient water for your cannabis plants, it can take several minutes to make up a new batch every time you water.

Instead, as mentioned earlier you can make a lot at once and only use it as needed.

But how long can you store pre-mixed nutrient water?
        • Nearly all nutrients can last at least 1 week after being mixed with water without any negative effects on your plants
        • For nutrients comprised solely of inorganic ingredients, your pre-mixed nutrient water can last for 2-3+ weeks without a problem even if the nutrient water is just sitting in the container.

How do you know which is which? Look at the label of your nutrients where it says “Derived from”

Look at the label of your nutrient bottle where it says "Derived From"

All the ingredients in the above picture are inorganic minerals and “chemical salts.” They all have "molecular" sounding names. When it comes to hydroponic nutrients, you will almost always see these types of ingredients specifically because they will not cause reactions or problems even when sitting in water for long periods of time.

But it’s not just hydro! Lots of soil and coco coir nutrients also use the same sources of nutrients because these specially derived mineral sources don’t need to be broken down and are available to your plant immediately.

As long as you don’t see any organic ingredients on the label, you know your nutrient water can be premixed for 2-3+ weeks. If you do spot organic ingredients on the label (like “seaweed extract” in this next example) then you probably shouldn’t let your nutrient water sit as long because organic material tends to start up biological processes. Ultimately this could cause things to grow in your water, possibly altering the nutrient content or even introducing some nasty microorganisms to your plant roots.

If you see any organic ingredients listed, like “seaweed extract,” don’t let your mixed nutrient water sit for longer than a week.

Comment

Until it starts to smell. If water is hot or stagnant, not long. Few days at best. If the water is cool and kept oxygenated several weeks.
          4x4 600w HID empty for summer
          3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
          2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
          running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• starramus
            starramus commented
            Editing a comment
            Holy Bat shit! My Big Bloom smells like hell right out of the bottle. I certainly won't let that stuff sit an entire week. It would be growing a possibly dangerous culture.

Thanks to all I think I got it.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X