Super lumens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super lumens

Hay everyone. I’ve been researching the super lumen setting and been researching quite a bit. I can’t find much actual evidence other than the gavita website. Is super lumen worth it? Dose it actually kill bulbs? Is it hard on your ballast? Or should this setting only be used on your last bulb run? Any one with experience In this department with any advice would be incredibly helpful. I run 1000 watt double ended Phillips bulbs so an experiment of this and failure would not be a cheep one. Thank you guys.

I have seen this feature used in 2 ways... one, to increase yield at the expense of bulb life. Two, to get a bit more life out of a spent bulb near the end of life cycle at the expense of more electricity used.
    Might be good to note that bulbs specifically designed for plants will give the optimal spectrum at the correct wattage rating. Any thing above or below that wattage benchmark will change the spectrum. If the bulb was not designed for plants, this might be a non-issue.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Hay toker have you looked at the specks on the gavita’s it would appear as they are infact designed to run at super lumen. Also one thing I have noticed running my double ended 1000w at 100% cost about the same as running my old 600w single ended. Not quite sure as to how that is possible but my electric bill don’t lie. They collect on every watt used. I did however switch from pulling off on 120 volts to pulling off of 220volts when I switched to my 1000w

Comment

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Right on. No, I don’t run gavita bulbs. In CA electricity is $$$. So I notice a difference when I don’t run my 400w. I know there are some savings with 220v, but not really that much with just one light.

Toker I understand the dreded power bill. I started growing in Alaska and it was running about $.24 per kilowatt. My electric bill was around 400 a month just for my 2 1000w if you haven’t already you should look into the double ended. I’ve noticed a drop in power consumption and a substantialy higer yield.

Comment

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes...I have double ended equipment as well. I agree. More lumens available due to the thinner glass structure on the bulb.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X