Dodgy mushrooms in my soil???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dodgy mushrooms in my soil???

So I was away for 3 days and i asked my dad to water my babies while i was away and when i came back i noticed two odd round things in the soil that i didnt put there... I used a wooden stick and dug the one out and it looks like some sort of mushroom???? I have used this coco mix about 6 months ago with my previous grow with no problem at all i did clean it well and removed all roots from it before i planted... has anyone experienced anything like this before??? is the coco now contaminated or poisoned ? should i chuck it all and start from scratch or can i just take them out and see if anymore pop out? please help guys im not sure what to do now....

From what I understand from Quick research will releave your mind.Do mushrooms harm plants?
    Mushrooms will not harm your container plants. Contrary to popular belief, they donot take nutrients away from the potting soil. ... Mushrooms increase potting soil quality and are actually beneficial to plants. They should also not be dangerous to humans, unless a poisonous variety is eaten.

Comment

Oh ok thats reliving... i have never seen or heard of anyone else having this happen i wonder where they came from?

Comment

• Colombo
        Colombo commented
        Editing a comment
        Look up mushrooms in potting soil, Lots of info. Too much water as per info.

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, what Colombo says: too much humidity and water. Get that air circulation cranked up.

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        I grow in my cellar with a dirt floor at the entrance to my tent I had a couple of mushrooms pop out of the floor they didn't hurt anything and were only there for a few days

Yeah mushrooms are a great sign of good soil. That means there is enough organic matter in you soil that the fungi has colonized and is now in the process of breaking it down into usable nutrients for the plant. Fungi essentially feeds your plant the nutrients that weren’t previously accessible.
      Rawtton by Ethos Journal

Comment

Awesome so i dont need to stress about them then?

Comment

Not at all.
          Rawtton by Ethos Journal

Comment

I too have had srooms before in my pots, as said nothing to worry about,,, though I do pull them to avoid spores in the house.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X