Lunar Cycle's Effects On Plants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunar Cycle's Effects On Plants

I have only had small grows but I really do believe I can tell whether it is a waxing moon or waning moon by how fast my plants are growing.
    When the moon is in a waxing moon, between New Moon and Full Moon, plants really seem to take off; When the moon is in a Waning Cycle, between Full Moon and New Moon, it seems like my plants grow less vigorously.
    Right now we are in a waxing cycle with a full moon due on the 19th of Feb., 2019. My plants seem to be growing faster over the last week or so since the new moon on Feb., 4th, 2019.
    Maybe some of you can casually watch your plants to see whether you notice this?
    I know.. It's probably just another 'Looney' Theory :-) At least this one is actually based on the moon. Ha!
    Historical data on how plants move over the course of the day seems to show that they line up with the position of the moon

So good read... but they were not taking about plant growth, but actual leaf position in relation to the plant.
    In other words, do the leaves perk up at the moon...or droop due to the distance? This article is saying there is data available that is suggesting this to be true.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Interesting read. I will say I have planted by the moon cycles right time and wrong time. My tomatoes do better, make more fruit to plant in the correct moon cycle. I am going to pick up a farmers almanac and see what it says about our plants and use that as a guide for a few seed. Cant hurt right,,,

Comment

It makes me think that the added light of a waxing cycle may act like supplemental low lighting during night. Making the plants photonic receptors more active and sending signals to it power house(chlorophyll). Which in turn may add incresed growth over the waxing cycle as light intensitt builds. In retrospect though a waning cycle delivers less and less of the suplemental lunar lighting encouraging a recess of growth for low lighting or full blackout situations. Again this is not from an actual article or resource just what crosses my mind. Happy growing friend
        Call a plant beautiful, and it becomes a flower. Call it ugly, and it becomes a weed."

-Jonathan Lockwood Huie-

Comment

The SUPER MOON was last night. Full moon.
          Have your plants been growing vigorously over the last week? Mine have been but it could just be from normal growth.
          Watch your plants to see if their growth rate slows any over the next week or two until New Moon.
          I still can't scientifically validate my theory yet, but I really do wonder if indoor plants respond to lunar cycle like with the tides? Just because plants are under a roof or in a building, that would not negate the Lunar effect. Just like the moon is said to effect humans with higher ER visits and police reports, maybe indoor or all plants are affected by lunar cycle?
          If your plants do grow less vigorously and you are wondering why or what is happening, maybe there's nothing wrong, we are just in a Waning Moon which means less hearty growth until next Waxing Moon and Full Moon if my theory is correct which is still to be determined.
          New Moon is March 6th, 2019. Plant growth should be slower until next full moon or waxing cycle..
          Next Full Moon is March 20th, 2019. Waxing Moon From March 6th to March 20th, watch for better growth rate, then.
          If this has any validity then I wonder if Super Moons have an even stronger than normal effect?
          This theory is based on Gravitational Pull due to the rotation of the moon, not light.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X