• Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time grower - Australia - Outdoors - some issues - small maybe

Hello

First time grower

SAG seeds - breeder
    Northern Lights Blue (Auto/fem)

Yellowing in the leaves from bottom - either watering or N or maybe just normal, i am not sure, or even heat

pots black ones are 14L ( 3.1 gallon US) and 20 L (4.4 Gal) for tera and paint pot

Each morning . 1 and 1/2 watering cans for 6 plants ( watering cans hold 9L (2gallon). Plants have never drooped , only very slightly at night which is normal from what i read

grow medium was a small scoop seed raising mix in the center, then rest potting mix with 12month slow release

brand of potting mix and specs in link.

Also started feeding them not every second day with - 1/4 to 1/2 of the recommended dose of Power feed (purple bottom) N 9.5%, P 1.6% K 7.5%, and also Potash N and P 0 and K 47 ( very diluted dose

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	459.7 KB
ID:	289373

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	232.5 KB
ID:	289372

Attached Files
    Last edited by SmokeyfromAu; 02-04-2019, 06:03 PM.

Looks good to me mate
    “Pounds of weed. Sour D. That medical for my allergies.” - Juicy J

Second Grow:

Sweet Tooth Autos (4)
    192w t5 (veg) 400w HPS (flwr) 24/0hr
    3 Gal Smart Pots
    FoxFarm Trio
    +Open Sesame
    +Cha-Chang
    +CaliMagic

First grow:

150w hps hydro grow (DIY)

Current Grow:

(1) new420guy Black Domina and P98 Bubba Kush
    192w t5
    Rapid Rooter/Jiffy-Pot/5 Gal Smart Pot
    FF BushDoctor Coco-Loco
    FF Nutrient Trio + CaliMagic

Comment

hello fellow Aussie
      Completed auto grows 3

2x4 Gorilla tent
      600W HPS
      Coco
      GH Flora Series trio + Armor Si, CALiMAGic, RapidStart, Liquid KoolBloom, Floralicious Plus, FloraKleen, Diamond Nectar, FloraBlend, FloraNectar (Pineapple Rush version), Dry Koolbloom + Great White mycorrhizae & Terpinator

Grows using this setup: 1
      Largest yield from this setup: 20oz / 567g

Previous grows:
      http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...row-first-grow
      http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...world-of-seeds

Comment

Nice Man, I wouldn't worry much about those bottom leaves yellowing.
        Your next grow you might want to top or bend them over for a larger harvest.
        But your Doing fine, and welcome to Gwe, good luck
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

Originally posted by Juicyj89 View Post
          Looks good to me mate
          Thanks mate Juicyj89, so i need not worry about the yellow leaves too much then

Thanks OzBud, hello there mate

Comment

Welcome Mate and nice grow ! At the stage your at it won't be long before their hanging in the drier. The yellow might be a little nitrogen def ,JMO. My life dream is to someday visit your beautiful country and enjoy what it has to offer. BIG BUDS! Keep doing what your doing!!

Comment

interesting, your plants are further along in the bud department than my auto started about the same time, but mine is a lot bigger.
              Completed auto grows 3

2x4 Gorilla tent
              600W HPS
              Coco
              GH Flora Series trio + Armor Si, CALiMAGic, RapidStart, Liquid KoolBloom, Floralicious Plus, FloraKleen, Diamond Nectar, FloraBlend, FloraNectar (Pineapple Rush version), Dry Koolbloom + Great White mycorrhizae & Terpinator

Previous grows:

Comment

Originally posted by Colombo View Post
                Welcome Mate and nice grow ! At the stage your at it won't be long before their hanging in the drier. The yellow might be a little nitrogen def ,JMO. My life dream is to someday visit your beautiful country and enjoy what it has to offer. BIG BUDS! Keep doing what your doing!!
                Hello Colombo ! Thanks mate ! Yes i thinking it wont be too long, could be some N def, maybe since they are putting more into the buds? The smaller plants in tera pots, the buds are more frosty. I have the potting mix and its nutrients and the powerfeed and potash. Be sure to visit Nimbin in New South Wales. I do hope Australia will be like some states in the US and other countries and legalize weed someday.

Hello OzBud,
                Awesome mate you have 3 grows already. Yes maybe the plants or the potting mix ( the plants have decided to concentrate on bud development. I am not sure they have much growing left in them now.

Last edited by SmokeyfromAu; 02-05-2019, 02:28 AM. Reason: edit include the tera plants pic

Comment

• OzBud
                  OzBud commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I've done more than 3 grows, just haven't got around to posting about them all. pretty busy with work the last 2 years growing berry fruit plants (strawbs, raps, blacks) on a commercial scale as well as lots of vegie gardening at home and a bit of an online gaming addiction lol.
                  They won't really grow much more now, they'll grow quickly at the start of flower then for the first couple of weeks then spend all their energy growing delicious buds

• Colombo
                  Colombo commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks for the tip I will research it. Be patient. As the world realizes how much money is available it will change. Canada Legal in country, Mexico is looking to legalize in country. With the USA in between it is only time. If the USA was to legalize it this would create the biggest international trading block in the world for weed and the rest will follow over time. It's all about the money anymore! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ The governments like the sound of Cha Ching!

Comment

• Colombo
                  Colombo commented
                  Editing a comment
                  leaves are up, their enjoying the light and looking real nice!

Just been looking at the powerfeed online, it's not ideal.
                If you plan to do another soil grow in the future try to get into a local hydro store if you have one and get some nutes more suited to what you're doing. Off the shelf from Bunnings will grow a plant but you'll get better results with better nutrient lines.
                If you don't have a local store I suggest epping hydroponics in Victoria (some states like SA are obligated to report all purchases from hydro stores to certain government authorities, even if its only nutrients and not grow lights etc). they have an online store and are very helpful over the phone if you have any questions.
                Completed auto grows 3

2x4 Gorilla tent
                600W HPS
                Coco

Previous grows:

Comment

Originally posted by D.A.A.S.69 View Post
                  Nice Man, I wouldn't worry much about those bottom leaves yellowing.
                  Your next grow you might want to top or bend them over for a larger harvest.
                  But your Doing fine, and welcome to Gwe, good luck
                  Thanks DAAS69, sorry mate didnt see your post. Some top yellowing, I pinched off some yellow leaves on one plant to let light in on bottom buds forming. Yes, with Autos can they be trained without issues?

OzBud, thanks mate for the advice with nutes. Yes there is a hyrdo store not far from me. I had a look online, they have Canna brand products, some other brand I can see you are using it GH Liquid bloom ( N0, P 10, K 10), no N but PK, and Canna Pio Flores is N 2.2, P2.o and K 5.5). Didnt know that about the Govt authorities... sure QLD would be one of them.

Nice, berries and that are nice, and i am starting a nice vege garden at home. Gaming would be addicting, lol lucky i never got into it, the internet is enough addiction to me

Colombo, thanks mate, love how the plants are their each morning with their leaves up waiting to be taken out to their sun spot. Exactly about Money with the Goverments - Alcohol for instance, is taxed well as is tobabco, those companies would not not weed , and but slowly and surely time will come and weed will no longer be ignored !
                  Last edited by SmokeyfromAu; 02-06-2019, 04:16 PM.

Comment

• OzBud
                    OzBud commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I use the full GH line, the trio base + CaliMagic (a must for growing in coir) plus all the additives/supplements. Did a good great first grow in coir with just the trio + calmag but I like the extra benefits from things lice silica, humic & fluvic acids, kelp extracts etc so use all the other goodies too. Helps to recreate more natural process that go in in soil but are missing in coir

Update.

Some issues with thrips, will use neem oil next grow. I picked what i could and cut the girls at day 72. milky amber tichomes

Not the ideal climate for drying

Rainy showery weather kept the temperature down room is in the range 22- 26 max ( 72-78), and humidity not sure. Appear to be good, had to cut some root when i was stripping down the plants. Any thrips will do now plants are drying

Day 4 of Harvest
                  Fan pointed towards wall, thick black curtains , room dark, carpet ripped ( minimal furniture bed and draws only). The rack is from kmart and the buds slowly move with the weak air current

Comment

• OzBud
                    OzBud commented
                    Editing a comment
                    sweet. looks good. congrats

• Colombo
                    Colombo commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Looks real nice drying on the rack SmokeyfromAu! Nice Buds, it's always worth the effort. Good Job! Good Growing !!

Thanks OzBud and Colombo

I check them easy day, for any mould, still bendy, havent lose any frost yet

I have seeds in the fridge for grow 2

Rack is a nice cheap kmart rack, rather tall but can fit a few buds and can space them for drying

temps yesterday a bit warm 27c ! in the room, this morning is better 24c
                  Last edited by SmokeyfromAu; 03-05-2019, 05:25 PM. Reason: forgot to mention rack, where i got it

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X