Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue Dream Auto - End of Week 10

Greetings!

Update on my first grow. The plant is really big and bushy. It's starting to crowd itself in the tent. The good news is that I definitely have pistols sprouting. Included some poor pics below. It's really hard to get pics of these things with camera or microscope. It's using more than 5 gals of water a week now and I've feed the reservoir several times. My only concern at this point is vertical space. The top of the plant is getting close to the light and I have no more room to elevate the light. We'll just have to see how that goes.

The pics.

Here's a screenshot of the growcam.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Week 10 Screenshot_20190203_135757.png
Views:	2113
Size:	1.74 MB
ID:	289125

And some bigger pics. Quality is roughly potato, but you get the idea.

Name:	BD Week 10-1 20190203_131831.png
Views:	2306
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	289122

Another angle.

Name:	BD Week 10-2 20190203_131831.png
Views:	2271
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	289123

And some poor pics of the calyxs.

Name:	BD Week 10-calyx-120190203_132142.png
Views:	2054
Size:	739.2 KB
ID:	289121

Name:	BD Week 10-calyx-2 20190203_132142.png
Views:	1954
Size:	1.29 MB
ID:	289124

So we continue. Tomorrow starts Week 11.

I hope you are all having a great 2019 so far!

Third grow - Northern Lights and Red Cheese (Southern Oregon Seeds) , ​​​​DWC hydro

Beautiful plant, where did you get your seeds,?most autos I've grown have shown pistils by day 15 to day 40.being about the longest, but most autos show by the 3rd or 4th week.
    Some here lately have been harvested by day 70.
    What kind of light schedule have you had her under ?
    Sure is a pretty an healthy looking plant, though, and good luck with her, nice pictures too.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

As I see these grows on the forum the excitement of my own grow intensifies day by day, gitty almost. Real Nice !! Looking forward to the finish !

Comment

Blue Dream actually happens to be my favorite strain. I'm about to get my hands on some Blue Dream beans myself pretty soon. I'll be growing photos though. You're girl is looking very nice there btw.

Concerning vertical space, are the stems too woody to give her a bit of LST? How about the wires you're using to hang your lights? Perhaps you can also try using one wire per side to hang your lights instead of two, similar to the pic below. Then just center the fixture and put a piece of duct tape to prevent it from sliding. I was forced to try that technique when I was still learning to work with LED's during my first Blue Dream attempt a while back.
        Cannabliss - Grow The Bliss
        White Widow Grow Journal

Comment

Originally posted by D.A.A.S.69 View Post
          Beautiful plant, where did you get your seeds,?most autos I've grown have shown pistils by day 15 to day 40.being about the longest, but most autos show by the 3rd or 4th week.
          Some here lately have been harvested by day 70.
          What kind of light schedule have you had her under ?
          Sure is a pretty an healthy looking plant, though, and good luck with her, nice pictures too.
          Thanks. I'm pleasantly surprised.

The seed was gifted to me. Provenance unknown. The guy just told me he understood it to be Blue Dream auto.

And yeah, it's taken a long time to show pistols. Harvest time is supposed to be in the 10 - 11 week range. We are now on day 85, that's 12 weeks + 1 day. (It's officially week 11 because I declared the first week "Week 0".)

Lights were set to "Veg" and schedule was 18/6. As of last week I've got the "Flower" switch on and the schedule is 20/4.

And thanks for the kind words on the pics. I keep threatening to pull out an actual camera, but I'll probably wait until I have buds to show off.

Assuming I have buds to show off.
          Third grow - Northern Lights and Red Cheese (Southern Oregon Seeds) , ​​​​DWC hydro

Comment

Originally posted by Cannabliss View Post
            Blue Dream actually happens to be my favorite strain. I'm about to get my hands on some Blue Dream beans myself pretty soon. I'll be growing photos though. You're girl is looking very nice there btw.

Concerning vertical space, are the stems too woody to give her a bit of LST? How about the wires you're using to hang your lights? Perhaps you can also try using one wire per side to hang your lights instead of two, similar to the pic below. Then just center the fixture and put a piece of duct tape to prevent it from sliding. I was forced to try that technique when I was still learning to work with LED's during my first Blue Dream attempt a while back.
            Thank you sir.

LST has happened.

Name:	BD week 5 LST day 1 20181225_115126.png
Views:	1845
Size:	1.65 MB
ID:	289428

Not a great pic, but this is how the plant looked on 12/25/18.

I'm thinking I need to take some larger leaves off this plant, but I'm kind of waiting to lollipop it.

The light is hung from the tent with a carabiner. I may be able to squeeze another inch or 2 out of it, but I'll have to see down the road.

My most pressing concern at this stage is supporting colas if they do manage to get large and heavy. Still scratching my head on that one.

Comment

with only those couple of pistils at day 85 sounds more like a photo than an auto. Even a 'super' auto should be flowering by now
              Completed auto grows 3

2x4 Gorilla tent
              600W HPS
              Coco
              GH Flora Series trio + Armor Si, CALiMAGic, RapidStart, Liquid KoolBloom, Floralicious Plus, FloraKleen, Diamond Nectar, FloraBlend, FloraNectar (Pineapple Rush version), Dry Koolbloom + Great White mycorrhizae & Terpinator

Grows using this setup: 1
              Largest yield from this setup: 20oz / 567g

Previous grows:
              http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...row-first-grow
              http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...world-of-seeds

Comment

• starramus
                starramus commented
                Editing a comment
                That's exactly what I was thinking.

This is what Nirvana has to say about the photo Blue Dream bloom period.

"Our tip for this strain: If you’re looking to go from seed to harvest in a short period, this strain is a great choice with her ability to easily double her height after switching to flowering. This means you can cut the veg period short and still get a fairly tall plant. On top of that, her flowering period is super speedy, and she can usually be harvested around 7-9 weeks. These are the seeds to buy if you want a massive yield and fast."

You just might want to do the 12/12 switch.

Comment

I suppose it's entirely possible that this is, in fact, a photoperiodic specimen. I will likely kick the timer over to a 12/12 schedule and see what happens.

I should also mention that these are not the only two preflowers I'm seeing. They are at every bid site I would expect to find them at.

But point taken - this is an old plant for an auto and it should probably be farther along in its lifecycle. If it is photoperiodic, I'm probably in a wee spot of trouble given the size I would expect it to grow.

All right. I appreciate all your input and will crank the timer around to 12/12 tonight.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                  D.A.A.S.69 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  An auto would be almost ready to harvest by now, or very near .
                  When you switch to 12-12, you'll see pistils everywhere in a few days,
                  My buddy just grew a BlueDream auto from MLSM, Seeds, a few months back, and got over 8ozs, dry. In 90days if I remember right.
                  She was huge for an auto.
                  Your plant looks great though, beautiful colors, and very healthy.
                  Good Luck with her. I'm sure your gonna have some nice buds, come harvest time.

• madams9
                  madams9 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  D.A.A.S.69, yup, I'm sure you're right. I set the timer for 12/12 tonight.

If this thing isn't an auto I will be in a bind for space in that tent. I can't find any way to avoid it, so I anticipate some creative defoliation in the near future. I am kind of anticipating that creating space in the plant by removing stems and stray leaves I will be able to spread things out and bend them around so that I maximize bud exposure. I'd be glad to hear about anyone's experience with that.

I'll update in a few days to verify that this is a photoperiodic plant.

I'm off to read up on stuff I didn't anticipate.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X