Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Completed Grow (no posts please!)

Week 3:

I’ll catch you up on the deets. This little lady is a clone who was meant to be kept as a “bonsai” mother, but I changed my mind. I have one mother left so I transplanted this one into the Veg tent. Usually I top while the nodes are still symmetrical and scrog it out. I didn’t want to cut this one all the way back so I decided I wanted to see what she could do if I just bent her sideways and let her grow across the tent. No topping, but I will be building a new screen to go on top of her in the next couple days.

My nute line: I don’t use salt based nutes. Nectar for the Gods isn’t branded as organic, but it isn’t salt based either. I feed the soil and microbes, and they in turn feed the plant.

My feed schedule goes “feed, feed, tea” and repeats over and over, with microbes added once a week to one of these feeds. And what I feed per gallon of water always depends on what the plant needs. Sometimes it needs more or less of something and the feed is adjusted from that concept. Most nutrient schedules are set in stone, feeding the same amount every time, mine is simply more fluid. I’m not knocking on anyone’s method. I’m just doing my own thing 🙂

I also don’t check PPM very often. Only if it’s needed or first signs of a problem. It’s also a different process with Nectar. You take slurries from soil around the root zone as opposed to checking water run off. Also when using Nectar you never have to flush (or very rarely). There are only trace amounts of salts made and therefore flushing is never needed. All forms of nutrition exchanged between the plant and microbes in the soil are used in one way or another and never compromises the root zone. I’ve been doing Nectar for years now and I’ve never had a pH problem or lockout.
    Attached Files
    Rawtton by Ethos Journal

Start of Week 4 Veg, Day 1:

She’s growing along now. This morning she started off with a good feeding and some Kelp Blast tea, and Bloom Khaos foliar. I will alternate foliar everyday between BK and my Veg concoction.

I added some pics of the new scrog build. ADMINS if this isn’t appropriate I will gladly remove them. I didn’t get it finished but tomorrow it will be. Just in time for her to be bushing out! I’ve tried every premade screen under the sun and my last pvc build wasn’t meeting my expectations. I think this will be worthy.

Week 4, Day 2:

I’m happy with the new screen. Now I can set it at any height and that’s where it stays. Had to trim some corners and unzip the tent completely to insert the strap and screws, but worth all the extra effort.
    Last edited by SommerVirelli; 02-03-2019, 10:34 AM.
    Rawtton by Ethos Journal

Comment

Week 5, Day 2:

This week was off to a bad start. Woke up to a bulb going bad. Must have miscalculated how many hours it had in. I don’t like it, but I had to put in an older used bulb until I get new ones. ALWAYS HAVE A BACKUP!!

Week 5, Day 7:

This week ended a bit better than what it started out. My ballast has been set on 75% since the bulb was switched out. It will be dialed back to 100% when I switch to 12/12. She looks so green and healthy.
      Rawtton by Ethos Journal

Comment

Week 6 Day 1:

Today I switched from my vegetative foliar to my “precharge” mix composed of Athena’s Aminas, Simply Silica, Budcharge, and Ful-Power. This will be applied for the next 2 weeks leading to the flip, alternating daily with my Bloom Khaos foliar.

Week 6 Day 3:

Plans have changed. Instead of letting go another 2 weeks in veg, I’m letting it finish this week then she’s getting the flip to 12/12. A good buddy is dropping a cut he’s gifting me and I want to be starting on that right away! Also I’m running low on medicine 😐 So, this week will be the only “transition” week where I introduced Budcharge into actual feedings along with the precharge foliar and use it thru flowering. Loosing the extra week won’t negatively impact her at all.

Week 6 Day 6:

Gave her last Veg feed. Tomorrow night will she will get the flip. I also did a heavy defoliation as I always do right before the flip, and did away with any lower branches that haven’t made their way thru the screen. She looks all bones right now, but they always fatten up. I will continue tucking branches under up to the end of week 3 of flower, at which time I will do one final heavy defoliation. I’ve found this is the best time to do this without stressing plants out too much. From that point on they will be left alone to finish up!
        Rawtton by Ethos Journal

Comment

Flower Week 1 Day 1:

Dialed the ballast back to 100%. I plan to have another HPS bulb by the end of the week.
          Rawtton by Ethos Journal

Comment

Week 2 Flower Day 1:

She’s doing just awesome. One thing I know, if I’m going to scrog out a plant like this again is pay more attention to where I’m putting the side branches. It’s beyond ridiculous. I’m to the point I have to weave branches back towards the center of stalk and even under other branches. It is much simpler to top and lead the branches away from the center. But, this is one of the things I wanted to know when I set out to do this, so now I know 😆

Week 2 Flower Day 4:

Preflowers popped up overnight! So this will the last week for foliar spraying, and next week I will be adding Sonic Bloom to the feed regime. She is at 32” so far. We’ll see if she’ll put any more into her stretch next week.
            Rawtton by Ethos Journal

Comment

Week 3 Flower Day 1:

She’s looking good and already frosty on her tiny budlets. Although she hasn’t stretched as much as I expected, she should be slowing her down. At the end of this week I’ll be doing one last major defoliation and trim that bush. Lots of bud sites waiting for light.

Week 3 Flower Day 4:

At the end of last week I noticed she’s been drinking up a lot more, so naturally I bumped feed days from every 3 days, to every 2 days. I always make sure the top 2 inches of soil are dry before I feed.

Today I measured I did a slurry test (this is done by Nectar growers) to get a reading on my PPM. It read a little high and pH looked high as well. This told me they have the nutrition they need, but aren’t able to access it because I’m feeding too often. I did a corrective flush, 60 ml of Herculean Harvest in 2 gal of water pH’d at 6.2.

The HH will help uptake of the nutrients already in the soil and flush out any extra. I’ll take another slurry before next feed to see if we’re on track again.

Also, did the last defoliation session of the grow and exposed many more flower sites. She’s on auto pilot now.
              Rawtton by Ethos Journal

Comment

Week 4 Flower Day 1:

The intake vent fell down sometime yesterday or during the night, letting all the air rushing over one section of the canopy and causing slight wind burn. I fixed it so it should be fine. Other than that, week 4 seems to be off to a good start. All the flowers are stacking very nicely!
                Rawtton by Ethos Journal

Comment

Week 5 Flower Day 1:

We made it to week 5! Halfway through! She continues to build nicely. I’m hoping her terpene profile gets stronger. I like that stanky stank, and she’s just not that kind of girl. She definitely leaned towards her Blue Dream side. That’s okay. She’s frosty and healthy and that’s what matters.
                  Rawtton by Ethos Journal

Comment

Week 6 Flower Day 1:

Keep on keepin on, man. She’s doing just fine. Smell is becoming stronger, and fan leaves are starting to fade a bit. This will be the last week of nute feeding, and the final two weeks will be a “ripening”. This is not a flush as it is not needed with this nutrient line.
                    Rawtton by Ethos Journal

Comment

Week 7 Flower Day 1:

We’re so close now. I couldn’t have cut it any closer, my wife is towards the bottom of our last jar and her medicine is top priority. Without this wonderful gift her quality of life would be horrible. I love doing this for her!

The buds aren’t the most impressive size, but they have stacked to make some decent uniform tops. I’m not mad because the frost they are putting off is enough to make you smile. We might save a couple jars of flower, but the rest will be turned into kief for pressing into rosin. Cannot wait!
                      Rawtton by Ethos Journal

Comment

Week 8 Flower Day 1:

Here we are guys, last full week until the chop. We’ll let her go this week, plus an extra 4 days do to work schedules, then give her the chop. As you can see (although not very clearly), trichomes are nice and cloudy. I only spotted literally one amber trichome 😅. I hope she turns a bit more before the chop. Normally i would wait until I see more amber before I start the flush, but my wife is pretty going to need these tasty buds as soon as they are dried. Most likely some fresh frozen rosin for her before anything else.
                        Rawtton by Ethos Journal

Comment

Week 9 Flower Day 1:

Will she get the chop this week? Who knows! Turns out we have to finish Christmas shopping on the only day we have off together, which was the day I had planned to harvest. It’s probably for the best since she doesn’t have a lot of amber showing in the trichomes. Just gonna play it by ear since every time I plan something it just gets thrown off. 😋
                          Rawtton by Ethos Journal

Comment

Harvest: 10 oz.

The only regret I have is not being able to fill the tent completely. I harvested 10 oz from this beautiful girl. You might say, “Sommer, that’s not too bad of a pull from 600w in a 2x4 tent.” No, it’s not. That being said, my scrog has a total of 150 squares making up the screen. The bud sites occupied 78 of those, leaving nearly half of the grow space unused. I could have easily ended up with twice as much if I could have afforded to grow her out in Veg for a few more weeks. I’m not mad. Very happy indeed!

I enjoyed growing this strain and will most likely grow it again. I have the mother in a separate tent. I will only cure 4 oz of the flower. The remaining 6 oz will be made into dry ice hash, and then pressed into rosin. The fresh frozen trim hash I made ended up being amazing. I can’t wait to make more.

The dab I took was insane. Put me into a serious introspective high. Very inside of my own head, which wasn’t necessarily a bad thing if it wasn’t for the worst cotton mouth I have ever had in my life. No joke. It was bad lol.

I wish I took more pics, but with the holiday plans weighing down on me, I did bud cutting and put them into jars pretty quick. I wish everyone the most awesome holidays. Rock on.
                            Rawtton by Ethos Journal

Comment

NebulaHaze Is this archive worthy? If not, let me know what needs changed for next time. Thank you!
                              Rawtton by Ethos Journal

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                              X