Seeds producing male and female plants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeds producing male and female plants

can i find out which seeds are male and female before germination (planting) iam almost positive that this is not possible
    but i seen this You tube that it is possible
    is it true or bull ?
    Thanks

It's bull. There is a lot of rumor and hear say about it, truth is it's a genetic lotto unless you have known Feminized seeds, even then you can get Hermies.
    Last edited by Mr.furley; 01-29-2019, 02:46 PM.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Rumor and hear say, imo

I have a neighbor that claims 90% accuracy choosing "female seed", I get the same results just planting. Most do not think it is possible to read the seed, some of what I read says sex is not determined until about 3 weeks old. And then you have feminized seed made from only females.

Comment

In regular seeds (where the seeds has had input from a male and female plant) Sex is determined after germination.
      I get great female to male ratios from regular seeds by following these steps.
      4x4 600w HID empty for summer
      3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
      2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
      running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

thank you all
        thanks for the imput

Comment

Sounds crazy but I have to admit I use this method and without question find it to be quite accurate ID/OD grow. JMO Any seed is questionable until it grows! What I find interesting is if you look at the female, fem and auto seeds you buy, they have a nice round volcano, just like the diagram.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X