Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What differentiate breeders from others?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What differentiate breeders from others?

Okay, so my question is about breeders and genetics. I’m new to growing but had a few runs.

Id like to get the highest quality. (As all of us)
    I only grew autos so far as I read nowadays there is not huge difference between photos and autos.

Im not saying I don’t like the smoke I get, but it’s not the one I’m aiming for.

So how can we get the best genetics? What is it? How come some breeders can produce better seeds than others? Can anyone educate me on this? Any article I could read?

I remember i was whatching a video on YouTube, it was an event in America with breeders. The guy was saying they been working with 40-50% thc content strains. Can it be true?
    I know it’s not all about thc. How can I get in touch with some top shelf genetics?

Whats are the best genetics you have grown? How come there can be even a few hundred dollars difference between beans?
    Thanks in advance.

Genetics is everything these days. My thoughts are pick breeders that have developed their strains in states that are legal. They have had time to develop their products well and specific to what ails ya.

My favs - Humboldt Seeds - any kush they offer is great.
    . Dutch Passion - out of Colorado and have some great high potency strains.
    . Crop King Seeds - from Canada, not a large selection but they always pop and are top shelf cannabis buds. Never disappointed.
    Humboldt is from California.
    I only grow autos as well.
    Last edited by Canuck147; 01-28-2019, 05:14 PM.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Hmmm. Seems like most of these questions are matters of opinion. How do you define the best? Or the highest quality?
      different breeders have different phenotypes in their banks... so this creates different plant qualities.
      There is a huge difference between autos and photoperoid... you can not keep a select auto phenotype. Plus greater genetic veriation with autos, since you are not cloning them.
      Highest quality is an opinion. Medicinal qualities will be different from recreational qualities.
      40-50% THC is a lie. Highest tested strain I ever ran across was in LA called NASA OG and was tested at 33%.
      The seeds price tag is normally based on supply and demand. The longer a strain has been around, the cheaper it is (typically).
      Dankonomics, dark horse, and symbiotic genetics are some of today’s top breeders. Finding the right strain is really a matter of trial and error. No 2 people are affected the same exact way by one strain.
      Hope that helps.
      4x4 600w HID empty for summer
      3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
      2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
      running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

I agree with Toker1, anything that claims more than 35% is not real! Just look at your plant and think, "45% of that plant is THC", it would never stand up, just be a pool of glop.
        I am new to autos, so I am trying some, so far I see differences in plants of the same strain. Also tthey have been crossed with ruderalis which makes them a little less potent (or so I read and makes since), but that is being changed over time with breeding. I am going photos for the summer (help reduce heat) and my first, a Bruce Banner 3 is up 2 days now (all yall pray to the gods that its a she!), this is said to be testing at or near 30% THC! I can hardly wait!!
        As far as the best strain I have ever grown, it was my own, a cross between all the lovely stuff we used to get from all over the world (and worked for 15 years). But it was not legal then, and I planted in the outback, and a so called friend found where they were, and pulled my seed crop,.$#@^%& basturd! I hope he has enjoyed the curse I placed upon him! Best complement I got was "thats your homegrown, no thanx I want to walk out of here!" Light weights!! LOL
        A though I have is getting some ruderalis seed and using a hermied female make feminized seed from that BB3 and some rusty glue f2, and make my own autos! Then mate that back to the BB3 or RG F2 (parent) to increase the yield and potency. I also might do some weird stuff like double chromosoming,,, who knows, its all fun!
        The best for me may not be the best for you,,,, some dont like the THC and others do,,, etc....

Comment

When I was reading my books, I always skipped the breeding part. As a newbie I didn’t want to confuse myself even more. I think it’s time to extend my knowledge on that. Thank you for the answers.

Comment

Stick with American based breeders in legal states. They have the time to do things right. You also won't have to deal with the customs bs. Check out Strainly.

Comment

I like to grow the cup-winning strains. Check out this page on Seedsman: Award Winners
              So there's that. I still believe that photoperiod plants are in general much stronger than auto plants. You see a few auto seed cup winners, but no comparison. For example, on the Award Winners page, I choose the categories Highest THC and feminised seeds: 1 auto pops up, and 48 photoperiod.

Then, there's proper growing so that plants thrive;
              and finally, there's proper drying and curing.
              Last edited by alltatup; 01-29-2019, 05:25 AM.
              Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
              2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
              Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Nirvana has never disappointed me for genetics. They don't fuckaround!

And now for a musical interlude! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6P0SitRwy8
                Last edited by starramus; 01-29-2019, 06:12 AM. Reason: i toopid

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X