Water quality/hard water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water quality/hard water

I have been preparing for my first grow and I have tested my tap water a few times over last week and am a bit confused. First test it ph was 7.2 and ppm was 55. Tested today and it's 7.7 and 160 ppm....is it common/normal for water to change that much? Is 160 ppm 'hard' water? I'm in question because I thought I could just add ph down on the 7.2 first test and it would stay at same levels needed. Am I going to need to filter this somehow?

Na, you have great water quality. Water changes with environment. Yes, fluctuations like this mentioned above are fairly common.
    “Hard water” is full of calcium... plants love calcium as long as it’s not causing a lock out situation. Judging from your ppm, you will be fine to use tap water.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• OkieSmokey
      OkieSmokey commented
      Editing a comment
      ty for quick reply, will just watch it and use ph - to get to 6.5, not going to worry about filter then, growing in coco

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      For hydro you really want to ph to range between 5.5 and 6.5. You should be hitting the upper, mid, and lower portion to absorb all the nutrients required for a healthy plant. Hitting the same 6.5 will lock out nutrients that get absorbed at 5.5.

Our water is 500ppm. Crazy... and I don’t use RO filter. You should be fine

Comment

• DW2
      DW2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Budler, You have 'soft' water, here, ours runs from 695-864 ppm (as per the city's annual water quality report) and works very well for my plants and myself (strong bones, healthy plants! LOL), and I don't need to buy any mineral supplements!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X