• Time
  • Show
Clear All

when to start germination for outdoors groing

Hi
    i need the pros help here Since this will be my first Grow
    i live in Ontario and i can only plant outdoors in the middle on May
    my question is
    When should I start the germination of the seeds Inside to get the plants ready to be planted (or transplanted ) Outside
    on my dirt garden
    thanks for the help

Now... if you can afford the lights and space required. Here is the deal, you can grow indoors year round. Outdoors you have a limited time. Here in CA people get their plants as large as possible prior to spring for 2 reasons... 1.larger yeilds in the fall. & 2. Less stunted plants (transplanting is easier for larger more developed plants).
    Dont forget to harden off the plants before setting them outside.
    Last edited by Toker1; 01-25-2019, 12:20 PM.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Hey atony - give yourself about 7 days or so to germinate and another few days for your plant to come out of the soil. This can be done indoors. Get yourself a few 15 watt cfl's to coax your sprouts to come up. Then put em outside.
      Give yourself about 2 weeks for all the above.
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

I usually start March 1 germinating to plant out for April/May. April sometimes with a sun tent (home made teepee type or box) to maintain soil temp. Depending on your strain for max yield, you can start Feb inside to transplant outside after last frost. Start early, at least you have something growing when that transplant time comes.

Comment

thank you all
        great help
        i will fallow that info
        also note that i will be using 10 and 15 gallon Vivosun Pots for outdoor planting ( like 8 babies ) because my garden dirt is not high quality used only for tomatos and pepers
        and blackberries
        and i want my babies to get high quality dirt
        THANKS for your help

Comment

• Colombo
          Colombo commented
          Editing a comment
          How big do your tomato's and peppers get, Size /Yield if you don't mind me asking? I grow right along side with great success

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          If that soil will grow nice tomatoes and peppers, it will grow pot!
          Your garden sounds much like mine, my blackberries are wild though, make very nice wine,,,

• atony
          atony commented
          Editing a comment
          well Tomatos they grow ok and the black berries ok also 
          so maybe i will try and plant the baby Jack beside the tomatos it will be the first time if Jack dont get along with the tomatos and pepers then next year i know

From what’s been said, sounds like your soil is good to go.as for when to start I’ve started som as early as feb. but I usually start them off in April around here and growen monsters 12’+ keep a eye out for poachers.
        Last edited by Potted; 01-26-2019, 09:38 AM.

Comment

i must say that i get good size tomato plants in current garden , and great for my greens ,but for some reason i dont get good yield on Pepers this is the reason i was thinking to start with VIVOSUN Pots ( for Jack Herer and Candy Cream babies .)
          but if you guys think that my current garden is ok to plant alongside the Tomatos then i will do just that Plus it will be much easy for me
          thank you ALL for the imput.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X