Opinions on RO systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on RO systems

Thank you forum members. I’m new to the forums but enjoy browsing and learning from you folks. I am considering going with an RO system and was looking for advice. What is the best bang for the$? My tap water is normally 75-80ppm and has some chlorine. Some local growers say don’t need it. Others say why not ? I was entertaining the option of a PUR filter that gets most of the chlorine out according to the packaging. I do notice slower growth while using water from the tap. What are your experiences?

Mikthestik Welcome to the forums. Your tap water’s EC/PPM isn’t really that high. It’s recommended to start off with a PPM under 100. But lower is always better. Perhaps that PUR filter system you mentioned will help get rid of some of the chlorine then you would be good to go imo. My tap water’s PPM is waaay too high, so I never use it for growing. I use store-bought purified water. That water’s PPM starts at 4. At least the one I buy does. An R.O. system is great too. I haven’t done much research on them, but I’ve been wanting to get one myself. You can take a quick look at these here. Pretty decent prices I guess. Only thing with using R.O. water is to remember to always add Cal-Mag with your feedings, especially if you’re planning on growing in hydro.
    Cannabliss - Grow The Bliss
    White Widow Grow Journal

Comment

RO is expensive to run and maintain. Your ppm is low enough, I would consider a charcoal water filter instead. Like a Brita brand water filter.
      4x4 600w HID empty for summer
      3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
      2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
      running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• starramus
        starramus commented
        Editing a comment
        Absolutely expensive to run. I heard water gurgling down the drain far too often. I forget how many hundreds of gallons were wasted in a month. I disconnected our Culligan RO and do not miss it in the least.

Thank you for your advice. I’m leaning towards a filter first to see how it works. I haven’t looked at the carbon filters yet. I’ll check them out. 👍

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X