Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Start seedling in solo cup (transplant) or final resting place (no transplant)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Start seedling in solo cup (transplant) or final resting place (no transplant)?

Hi everyone,

I'm just wondering what your thoughts are on whether to start your seed in a solo cup and transplant later OR place the seeds directly in their final growing area.

My first grow I planted directly in the final resting place, a large 15 gallon fabric pot - seemed to have good results. Now I'm thinking (2nd grow) maybe I should start in a solo cup (ive read this tip here) and then transplant... Looking to get some weight on advantages/ disadvantages. I know that starting in a solo cup helps the seedling get more oxygen, but there are also risks to transplanting (shock, damage, etc..). What are you thoughts? Is there any tricks to actually doing the transplant itself - I actually have small black containers that are a bit larger than a solo cup.

If im not going to transplant, i plan to dig enough space/hole for the coco in the existing soil. That way the plant doesn't freak out when it gets the higher nutrient soil off the hop. I have four germinated seeds, the tap root its sticking out nearly an inch on all of them. (white widow autos). I will be planting today. I left the bag of coco in my car and its almost frozen : / , just waiting for it to warm up in the containers before planting seeds.

Anyways, any comments are welcome! You ROCK!

i would definitely use those bigger than solo cups containers first, the plant will grow faster because it will receive and use more water and oxygen due to the more frequent watering than in a big pot

Comment

• CaptPicard
      CaptPicard commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks 9fingerleafs! They have been planted accordingly.
      Last edited by CaptPicard; 01-24-2019, 09:18 PM.

Always start with smaller cups then transplant to larger ones for fastest growth. Here is why...
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X