Uv clean light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uv clean light

Hi all first post, use the web site extensively, its great. I did a search but didnt show any existing forum posts or site topics. Anyone familiar with using these UV Cleanlights for controlling mildew and moulds, both on plant and growroom surfaces? Any advice, pros/cons?

Yeah...you need to be with in several inches from your UV-c source for several hours to kill anything. Just not efficient for mold spores that were designed to spread out to whereever the wind can carry them.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• Smokinjzcafe
      Smokinjzcafe commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Toker1, They also suggest scanning room surfaces, and also show using on plants outdoors. Im just looking for support, I'm not endorsing or dissing this UV Cleanlight, I guess you sound pretty adament its a waste of money? So what is it you use to get in every nook and cranny? I spray/fog grow space surfaces and around outside grow tent with a product called Concrobium Mold Control after/prior to grow session, they claim as well as killing mold/mildew it also leaves a film to help prevent it and supposedly safe in grow spaces (not toxic to humans) but not meant to be applied directly on plants.

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Best way to prevent mold is to eliminate the conditions that make it thrive. Particularly humidity and temperature. I have a dehumidifer, I keep my temps low, and I have fans blowing wind all in my grow room. This eliminates the spores ability to grow and reproduce.
      If I notice a problem...I use neem oil on the leaves, soil, and walls durring veg. If they are flowering, I’ll use a local spray of water mixed with 35% h2o2. Being careful to not spray the buds.
      In extream cases, I know commercial growers will use a sulfur burner...but I have never needed to resort to that.

• Smokinjzcafe
      Smokinjzcafe commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea, keeping a good defensive strategy, and preparing for the offensive strategy if required.
      Cheers

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X