Best grow light for a clone/seedling tent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best grow light for a clone/seedling tent

I’m looking at getting a seedling clone tent as I believe my 630 CMH is to intense for my young seedlings even running one bulb. I think I’ll be getting a 3x3x3 foot tent and I just don’t know if I should get a t5 grow light or an led model. Any thoughts? Opinions?

T5s, should be perfect, for your tent, seedlings and clones, don't need much light at all.
    HappyGrowing
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

Although it's my first grow and I don't know any better, I'm digging my T5's. My veg/clone space is a 1'x2' chamber. I started with a single bulb for germinating and early vegging and have moved a few plants to my Viparspectra, dimmable, 350 watt LED. As far as I'm concerned it's a great indoor setup. The t5's haven't required more than a Hurricane fan for exhaust and two muffin fans for circulation.
      Two of the pictures I'm showing are of three plants that have been crazy defoliated during their six weeks of life so there are four main colas on each. More than once I've had the lights otherwise too close so the leaves will grow and touch the bulbs without consequence. One picture is of an 8 week old plant that spent 3 weeks under HID before being gifted to me, put under t5's for four weeks, then put under the LED. This one, too, has been trained and trimmed and manifolded for (currently) 7 main colas. The picture is three days old.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

CFL are a pretty good cheap option.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181206_184203.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	285863
        You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X