Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! If I change nutrient lines mid-grow...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! If I change nutrient lines mid-grow...

Ran out of one of my main nutes for today's feeding. I have another nute line that I've never used but could use it until I get a replacement. Will changing nute brands mid-grow screw up my plants?

I don't see how - I just changed from General Hydroponics to Green Planet nutes. Gave them first feeding with new nutes yesterday and my plants are very happy - day 48 for me.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Just don' tell em

Comment

Here is the deal...you need specific elements for plant growth. Replacing one nute for another is typically not a big deal. Just note that different manufacturers contain different elements. So you could potentially short your plant a specific element when mixing one manufacturer with another. Just pay attention to what your removing and what your are replacing with.
        4x4 600w HID empty for summer
        3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
        2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
        running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Yup_ I agree with that. During my present grow I've been using two different brands of nutrients_ both liquid organic_ alternating one then the other. Since each set of base nutrients- for veg or flower, both have the same objectives and are designed for cannabis they have similar profiles yet the base nutrients have been derived from different sources. its been working very well. However, what I've discovered is that the different supplements can have pretty different profiles and they can affect how everything works together. For instance I'm having to keep a close eye on how much nitrogen is in the mix_ the only problem is I've had to watch carefully for nitrogen toxicity because the combinations of the different base nutrients provide more nitrogen than necessary. Just check your ph in and out and your ppm and if they are in range and you don't notice any deficiencies then you should be fine. For peace of mind you could flush them well before adding the new nutrients and then you won't need to worry about transitioning from one to the other. My plants are less than 3 weeks from harvest so I've cut out the flowering base nutrient with the most nitrogen and am using one of the nitrogen heavy supplements only once a week instead of 3-4x. Seems to be working well.
          Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
          liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys - going to take the advice and give it a shot. I'll flush half of them before the change and half not and see if I can tell any kind of difference.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X