Colorado - Growing in small greenhouse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colorado - Growing in small greenhouse?

I'm just starting the indoor thing recently, but wondering about this spring and trying to build/buy a small greenhouse and grow tall-ish plants in that over the spring/summer/fall.

Anyone else have tips in this regard? I'm trying to figure out what the target time of planting seeds indoors/obtaining clones and when to put outside, as well as a good selection for strain(s) that will thrive in a space in which they can grow tall-ish and for a long season, with really large yields, ideally.

I tend to start my outdoor grow seeds in February ,you can work back from June if you want but I do alot of clones so I start seeds they take 2 to 4 weeks before they are cloneable then 10 days for the clones to root then 2 to 4 weeks to be ready to clone again, so on and so on the original seeds are very developed when I put them in the ground .I grow 80 plants outside in woods plus how ever many friends need it all depends on how many you need good luck. this year I'm not doing the gorilla grow I'm building a 10 x20 fenced in area in my back yard ,
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Originally posted by oldjarhead100 View Post
      I tend to start my outdoor grow seeds in February ,you can work back from June if you want but I do alot of clones so I start seeds they take 2 to 4 weeks before they are cloneable then 10 days for the clones to root then 2 to 4 weeks to be ready to clone again, so on and so on the original seeds are very developed when I put them in the ground .I grow 80 plants outside in woods plus how ever many friends need it all depends on how many you need good luck. this year I'm not doing the gorilla grow I'm building a 10 x20 fenced in area in my back yard ,

Thanks. So, you target putting them in the ground in June? Do you think would be somewhat earlier if they were in a greenhouse, and maybe some kind of heating system for cold nights?

Comment

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        yes but why waste the money I plan with June but I will put them in the ground in May depending on the frost predictions a green house would definitely let you plant in April or may pot can handle cold temps it just cant handle frost

• starramus
        starramus commented
        Editing a comment
        Mother's day in Colorado is always a good target date.

If your soil temp outside is around 60* and up you can put them in the ground right away. If not you can put them in the ground with a clear plastic tent so the roots do not freeze and the ground stays warm while they get all the sun light. Depending were you live you should be able to get at least 2 grows outside in a season, maybe 3 depending on the strain. Planting is based on harvest, I start to transplant in April into the ground. l Germinate march 1 for my growing area. "Grown Like a Tomato"

Comment

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        Where are you from Colombo Im in Mass some years you might be able to get a shovel in the ground in April LOL but not much else (we do plant cold crops as soon as we can thats early may usually)

• Colombo
        Colombo commented
        Editing a comment
        Garden State. Based upon how things go in Feb/March weather wise I can get them in the ground the third week of April. If I need to I will Tent with grow rocks to prevent frost and root freeze. My best outside was 7.5 FT started in April. Pre grow setup, If you have the outside room, find a little spot about 4x4, dig a hole in the middle and place an empty 5 gal pale in it and bury to top. Place a 4x4 chicken wire cage around the pale and fill with leaves about 2' high. The ground will not freeze and then in April you are all ready. Remove some leaves from around the pale and remove it. The ground and area are ready to plant.

Thanks guys. Any particular strains that would do better in a greenhouse in CO? And earlier, I used the word "in the ground", I meant to say they'd go into very large pots out in GH, not actually in the ground.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X