Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just bought a SuperCloset Deluxe 3.0 (LED) - Any tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just bought a SuperCloset Deluxe 3.0 (LED) - Any tips?

Just wondering how many others have been down this particular path and have any tips with this grow cabinet.

I made the mistake of trying to start in rockwool cubes - (dry) seeds straight into cubes. I didn't pH balance the cubes beforehand, either! So...that didn't go well. Only 1 out of 6 survived that, so far. All six originals were Northern Lights. I started 5 other varieties in soil, and 4 of those made it, at least until now.

I don’t PH adjust my seedling water... the less the better when it comes to water additives and young plants IMO. I soak seeds in plain tap water until they sink to the bottom of the cup (typically with in 24 hrs or less). They don’t go into the grow medium until they have a tap root showing. Sounds like the medium was too dry to get the remaining seeds going. Or possibly bad seeds?
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Hi Jack, I had a supercloset CFL hydro setup which I recently sold. The box was just too small. Yours is significantly taller; I wish you good luck with it!!
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Originally posted by Toker1 View Post
        I don’t PH adjust my seedling water... the less the better when it comes to water additives and young plants IMO. I soak seeds in plain tap water until they sink to the bottom of the cup (typically with in 24 hrs or less). They don’t go into the grow medium until they have a tap root showing. Sounds like the medium was too dry to get the remaining seeds going. Or possibly bad seeds?

Bad seeds entirely possible, I think. I bought them nearly 2 years ago, and ended up not starting until a few weeks ago, so that didn't help either. Some popped, but then died off soon after. And yeah, germinating beforehand may have helped, I dunno. Next time, if I use something other than direct to soil, I will probably do plugs.

Comment

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Seed storage may have been a factor. I seal mine with a few grains of dried rice and put them in the drawer of the refrigerator. Keeps seeds fresh for years.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X