HPS Bulbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HPS Bulbs

Hello, can anyone tell me if you need to replace HPS bulbs after a year even if they still work? In other words, do they deteriorate over time or just stop working.

I have changed many of these type bulbs (in buildings) they would still glow, but no longer made real light. These were very old bulbs,IDK how long it took for them to fade, but they do. I have read they same for LEDs, but they are working on them.

Edit welcome to GWE!

Comment

Cheap hps 1 grow. Higher price one 2 grow. That’s what I’ve been told in the growshop. Maybe they just want me to buy more bulbs but 20£ is affordable to get amazing results.

Comment

The best ones last a year. Best to test them using a light meter. Once they are falling under their rating...it’s time to replace. Some even carry a warranty that replaces them free if they fall short with in a year of purchase. Check the manufacturer’s specs for details.
        Cheap bulbs should be replaced every grow.
        4x4 600w HID empty for summer
        3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
        2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
        running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

change out once a year, colour spectrum degrades over time.

Comment

I'm on my 3rd year on mine. I'll change it for my next grow. Maybe.

Comment

Lost the spectrum of light needed after a cupple of grows, it’s a slow degradation but it still worked and looked the same to me. I change out every other grow.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X