No announcement yet.

Bad boy...again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys, my second report on my 315 LEC all in one from sun systems is as follows; it does run cooler than my 600 watt,hps in fact I had to turn down my 440 exaust to 50% to keep humidity in 👍 I’m running a humidifier 24/7 as well.
    I must admit I like the light,....still to soon for a honest evaluation, but the girls seem to like it too 😁 time will tell. Chow
    Last edited by Potted; 01-30-2019, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Groundhog Day,or varment shooting around here, I pop them off from my bathroom window with a 22 cal. Not looking for a shadow.
      .... hay what’s happening boys+girls, the grow is chugging right along, still not ready for a full watering yeat but soon!
      I watered them all with 3 Dixie cups of seedling strength nutes w silica and mo today, and topped 3 out of 6 to the 4th node 😉 the others aren’t ready 😡 yet.
      I can’t wait to long, a day or two at most to top the rest.... or I’ll just grow a few Christmas trees instead. I plan on LST after thay grow out a bit 🤞 I’ll b using ff nutes trio
      wirh recharge, molasses, silica, and beastie bloomz, for later in the grow.
      running a humidifier 24/7, 37% is what I’ve been able to keep room humidity at. It will have to do for now anyway. Don’t worry tho, summertime is only 140 days away.
      We might get to freezing today? I went to the city( NY ) yesterday to have som tests done and the Hudson River was part frozen over. cold sh#t here in hell. Later gator 😎

Comment

• LurkingInTheGrass
        LurkingInTheGrass commented
        Editing a comment
        'pop goes the weasel'

hope all grows well

Hay guys, boy this is a slow week around here, I’ve been tending my grow, but February ( like the dark days of winter) has come and am feeling it. I need som sun + vitamin D to get recharged....... springtime seems so far away ...... I wonder if it will ever get here?
      I topped the 3 other autos at the 4th node yesterday and gave them a full watering with 20% runoff. The girls perked right up and began a growth spurt 😁.
      I fed them with, recharge, silica, ff grow big,cal,mag, and ff big bloom. The response has been favorable and I will continue this method of feeding nutes every other time till the flush, if the weed gods permit !
      Im working on a way to move my light from one side of the room to the other in a 18 hour period,or a 12 hour for bloom, unlike a light mover that goes fast,I’m trying to mimic the suns movement thru out the day.
      if u have any info on this method of indoor growing....or a product that does this....? Please let me know, Thanks.

Comment

Come on sugar plum, Let’s get this party started.... I topped all six at the 3th and 4th node at day 20 of the run, today is Day 25 and all are branching out from the base even my problem child ( headbanger from Newguys) is beginning to make a run for it 🤞 this 315 LEC is doing a good job with heat dissipation and light intensity and I also like the fact that there’s no glass blocking uva + uvb rays 😎 I always where sunglasses when tending grow.
        Ill b doing a full watering again in a day or two w cal,mag,silica, and molasses PHed to 6.5 or there abouts. We’re having a bit of a warmup the last few days here in jersey ( false spring ) I think it’s called when all the buds come out and freeze over when the cold returns next week. Dam Mother Natural......,keep on trucking baby. I’m inside till things warm up 👍https://imgur.com/a/ZIARXO7
        Last edited by Potted; 02-07-2019, 09:07 PM.

Comment

I got my electric bill yesterday, the first with the 315 LEC running for a full month. I was very interested and plesently surprised at the reduction in cost between this light and my 600 watt MHS I’ve used for previous grows a whopping $40.00 difference, per month x 12 = $480.00. That’s one small step for this grower, and one giant step for hobby growers everywhere 😁 and a much smaller heat footprint on my roof not melting snow off ( a very good thing ) since the man uses helicopters with heat detecting devices around here as well as remote control drones with cameras to locate melted roofs,... grow room roofs! Not since switching to the 315 LEC my roof has cooled down and no longer poses a concern. Happy Hippie Here 😎 let it snow ❄️
          Last edited by Potted; 02-14-2019, 03:54 PM.

Comment

• LurkingInTheGrass
            LurkingInTheGrass commented
            Editing a comment
            way behind and catching up on my subscriptions

hmm - $40/month savings you say
            saving my pennies for a light - I am going back and forth between a CMH or light from Optic, like Canuck147 upgraded to

• starramus
            starramus commented
            Editing a comment
            LurkingInTheGrass The Optic 4 will cost you $475 twice as much as a CMH. It will use less power though at 220 true watts according to their web site. I have my CMH up for the first time as well. I had to wait until I had enough plants to justify firing it up. The Phillips lamp probably the best is performing well. For vegging these are fantastic. Plants are literally jumping out of the pots. Haven't got my first electric bill yet, and am very hopeful. Customs, and that damn cricket saved me some money on my past few months bills.
            Last edited by starramus; 02-18-2019, 01:32 PM.

Just cruiseing along with the latest picks of the girls, at day 32 the strech has begun. Starting to Lst today as well,I’m a bit late, but I think it will work out for the best at harvest time 🤞 I’ve been trying to clean up my act and simplify my grow to the very basics needed to complete. Take a look at the setup, its in a 3x1/2’x6’x7’ tall closet on the 3th floor of my home in a large bedroom. The first thing that had to b done, intake air is provided by 2, 8x10”openings at bottom of the closet covered on both sides of the wall
          by heat registers with a ac filter in between, next exaust is provided by a adjustable 440 with 6”scrubbier at the top of closet at the opposite side from the intake,and vents to the attic 4 stories up and out. The 315 CMH all in one by sun system has been flawless so far and the Phillip bulb is doing a good job too 😁. I’m using a cool mist humidifier spread with a oscillating clip on 6” fan on a adjustable IV pole. I fill humidifier every 24 hours.the floor is covered with white coragated plastic and the trays under the plants are food grade plastic ,Mylar covered walls and ceiling. I’ve replaced the closet clothing hanger pole with a galvanized street sing post and a designated 30 amp electric breaker for the light, and a smoke detector just in case.https://imgur.com/a/QBbTypI
          Since the grow is going well, I’m setting my sites on the next one and tryin to decide what it should b? I’m hankering for sum sateva perhaps? How bout u? Any thoughts? Can anyone here my out there? Any response at all...just so i know I’m not talking to myself.
          Thanks
          Last edited by Potted; 02-16-2019, 10:42 PM.

Comment

• Potted
            Potted commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the responses, it sure is nice 👍 to know.

• Mr.furley
            Mr.furley commented
            Editing a comment
            We all talk to are self, it's when are self starts answering that you need to be wary of.
            I'm liken my Durban Poison.

• Potted
            Potted commented
            Editing a comment
            I’ve heard of those thru OJH a while ago,missed the site thanks OzBud

Sending some pictures after I LSTed today. The pot in the back is a GSC photo I started 3/1/19 and is still a seedling under 24/7 light. I plan On keeping her in veg and going to try and use her for cloning after a few months of growth ( mother plant ) with any luck at all I’ll have little GSC’s running around all over the place by summer for my gorilla grow! The chopsticks are great at stabilizing the girls I’ll b using small zip ties to lash the trunk to the chopsticks below the topping split when large enough.🙃https://imgur.com/a/yhtp6aG I’ve had plants grow right over them. I beleave it stresses the plant in a good way by restricting growth at the base the plant works harder to get around the restiriction imo .Sort of like super croping but much earlier.
          Last edited by Potted; 02-18-2019, 07:04 PM.

Comment

30 days in the hole, Humble Pie, Smokin, sum Durban poison, perhaps, later, hay guys I got to admit I’m buzzing right now on sum wellcured green crack 👌 the present run is growing as expected and doing well in spite of me. keeping my light at 20”, 24/7, temp’s running in the mid 70’s, humidity 30%, no real problems to speak of......thank the weed gods (So far) for my good fortune 😉 I’ll be doing a watering today with silica, cal mag, PHed to 6.5 as the weed gods have decreed for soil grows.
            The stickie yellow traps are a precaution, 🤞. As is the 50/50 mix of sand and D earth that I sprinkle on top of soil after each watering till a crust builds up preventing anything from laying eggs,crawling, or flying on my grow👍 I hate bugs in my grows and will go to great lengths to prevent this from ever happening again! I learned the hard way( of course) about 4 years ago I had the borg nouthing worked short of napalm to slow down the destruction of my grow. After that I hung a no pest strip in the closet and closed the door for a few weeks and after that I removed the strip, and never had that problem again. Coincidence? Maybe but my grows since then have been clean and bug free.https://imgur.com/a/2xk1nFo chow for now😎

Comment

• Mr.furley
              Mr.furley commented
              Editing a comment
              Looks good Potted. Are you smoking the Durban or growing it? It is good to see your grows as of late.

• Potted
              Potted commented
              Editing a comment
              I’m just planning my next grow, that’s one I’ve got to do 😁 thanks Furley, a new camera helped a lot.
              Last edited by Potted; 02-24-2019, 11:28 AM.

This weeks adventure in indoor farming begins with day 48 of my 6 autos, and day 32 of my 1 photo sitting on the edge of the light footprint,till it’s her turn under the light.and all is well inside the closet, just trying to keep up with the grow and my Lsting when I can. This run is a smooth ride so far 🤞 and hoping my luck will hold till harvest. I ordered a few seeds for my next adventure, Sativa autos, it just sounded to good.😁.... topped and Lst’ed of course. 😈. ( the devil, makes me do that ) and bigger yield I hope. Back to present grow,
            Im lsting and keeping the centers open for good air flow as well as removing unwanted leaves blocking bud sites and immature branches as well. I want all the girls to concentrate on the main colas selected for bud production 😉. As far as my little GSC photo she’s up to 5 nodes now and looks real strong with good color too? Im thinking
            Of manafolding at the 6 node as per Haze’es grow, No rush with with this girl,I won’t change my lights on 24/7 for the autos till there done, than 12/12 she should be a monster by than.😁 watered with 1/2 strength ff nutes,as well as cal- mag, molasses and recharge this day.👍https://imgur.com/a/7MuOdKV and before and after the lst and tie down ( I think thay liked it)

Comment

Hi Folks, it’s day 56 For the autos. And day 42 For the photo. I had a set back this past week,... I burned them a bit when I watered with to much fertilizer 🤕 I think. Going forward I’ve been feeding all six autos the same regimen since the beginning of the grow, but one got burned worse then the rest? I flushed it and is slowly recovering 😁 it must b more sensitive than the rest to the nutes. The Girl Scout cookie photo got topped the other day and striped all but the fourth node the new branches are being pulled down,so I can do a manafold 👍.
              I raise the light almost daily now to accommodate the colas 😁 I even supercroped a few of the taller ones just to see what happens,and to even out the canopy. I wish I could spend more time with them ( it’s so peaceful ) but life and the “to do list” gets in the way. 🤬 of course 💣🖕🏴*☠️ Pictures to follow 😎
              P.S. don’t forget turn clocks ⏰ forward 1 hour today. Spring is coming YAHOO.https://imgur.com/a/H6OiwAx catch u on the flip.

Comment

• Eigholte
                Eigholte commented
                Editing a comment
                I know what you mean about wanting to just spend more time hanging out with the plants. I've spent 30+ minutes just staring at mine in the past.

I thought that was a "mesmerized new grower" thing, but based on your post count and experience, maybe that urge never goes away? Hmm...

• Canuck147
                Canuck147 commented
                Editing a comment
                Never goes away - and it's more fun to take them out of the tent.

• Potted
                Potted commented
                Editing a comment
                The excitement of picking out the seeds for a new grow, and watching them come alive, somehow it never gets old to me.

I gave the girls a good watering with ff nutes,recharge and cal-mag last night, 2gals each. I checked this morning and there fine😁 temps. have been running a bit low in the high 60’s and humidity at 20%. Not the best conditions to grow in but it’s the best I can do right now. Later gator 🐊

Comment

Another week in the bank 🤠 it’s day 62 for the autos and day 48 for the photo. Had a near miss this a.m. spots on a few leaves it looked like white mold,I removed the affected leaves and opon closer exam found that it was just dry water spots whuuu, what a relief, but it got me thinking it’s time to brake out the big gun so to speak, a tower oscillating fan to prevent mold by continues air movement and constantly defoliating helps let the air in the middle of the plants.the colas on most are gaining height at a good pace and the one I think I stunted and has not grown a inch up however the buds are getting wider,fatter with sparkles, I luv sparkles, I don’t expect a lot out of this one maybe a zip or two. As for the rest of the girls in the closet, pictures to follow...I,lads an lasses,springs just around the corner, som of my bulbs that I planted years ago are coming up again😊. I’ve all but forgotten what warm temps, green grass,trees with leaves and flowers look like.its been a long winterhttps://imgur.com/a/fNX2WVx..see u in the funny’s 😉
                Last edited by Potted; 03-16-2019, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Interesting approach to a grow, usually I refrain when pictures aren’t abundant. Something in your dialogue keeps me reading.
                  Anyway! Do you have any tips to reduce a fungal gnat infestation? You mentioned Dia Earth & Sand after every watering? Do you cover the surface entirely? Would appreciate a breif tutorial/explanation.
                  Thanks Potted!
                  Im just a shy guy with a big dick.

Comment

Yea, I put a lite coating after each watering, I use one of those little dispenser like the kind in a pizza shop to sprinkle cheese on your slice. 🍕😁 there exoskeleton get chewed up as thay dig or walk on it, (think walking on razors blades) and that’s it. Som use a heavy layer I fell this unnecessary since I do it continuously. Eather way light coatings or heavy for sand, d earth needs to b reapply after each watering to b effect 👍 that’s y I mix the two 50/50 as the crust builds up it forms a poris? Block.
                    Last edited by Potted; 03-20-2019, 09:49 AM.

Comment

• Eigholte
                      Eigholte commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I think I'm going to steal this trick for my "boring" living room plants!

• yellow
                      yellow commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Ok! Ill give this a try. I know some people add a heal of perlite as a top layer, but i think it looks ugly & hides my precious soil.

F U and your site..... chow siris or whatever your handle is. I’m out. 🖕
                    Last edited by Potted; 03-23-2019, 06:11 PM.

Comment

• Mr.furley
                      Mr.furley commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You aright @Potted
                      ?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X