Basement 65° all year round

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basement 65° all year round

Hi, my basement is 65° all year round, RH about 39. If I setup my grow tent there will my LED's bring up the temp a bit. I have been growing outside (hidden) on my Aunt's farm in the early 70'S so indoor is new to me. Thank you for any info.

Yes... the lights will add heat to the room. Best to extract the heat with inline fans and ducting. Vent to outside if possible, or at least out of the the room you are growing in.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Som lights create more heat than others, and have to b kept further away from plants, how tall is your tent?

Comment

• Pepperbrew
        Pepperbrew commented
        Editing a comment
        63". I am converting my wine and brew room.

• Potted
        Potted commented
        Editing a comment
        Can’t u do bouth? I can get very thirsty ,dry mouth u know oh yea check the temp of the floor cause it radiates to roots u may have to raise plants or tent off the floor to accommodate lol
        Last edited by Potted; 01-07-2019, 12:08 PM.

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        My buddy makes wine in his grow tent. The process itself releases c02... just be cautious that this attracts more pests. So best to have an IPM system in place.

You may find that you don't need exhaust when the lights are on if it's 75-79 degrees u will be golden. I have a 600w hps in a large storage closet I open the doors when the light is on that's all i need in the winter. In the summer I use a in line exhaust fan to outside.

Comment

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, I agree. It all depends on how many watts he wants to run. I don’t see extracting heat as being an expensive issue with ambient being higher than 65 (when you put some lights in there). But all factors must be accounted for. If 65 is the maximum temperature the area will reach with lights on... I agree with everything you are saying.
        Last edited by Toker1; 01-06-2019, 07:13 PM.

• Smokesteve
        Smokesteve commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm not sure if I follow you "if 65 is the maximum temperature the area will reach with with lights on?" Could u explain. Ty

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, I meant when all is said and done (assuming all equipment is up and running) if the ambient temp never breaks above 65....then we want to contain all the heat as possible.

Thank you all for the fast response.

Comment

Good luck with your grow.
        Make sure to get us some pictures.
        (we like pictures)
        My Perpetual Guerilla Grow - GWE forum thread.
        My Grow Journal - In a blog format.
        My Twitter Page - Follow me, I #giveaway stuff
        My YouTube Channel - Subscribe now.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X