Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alex Berenson writing about the "Serious health risks" posed by Cannabis legalisation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alex Berenson writing about the "Serious health risks" posed by Cannabis legalisation

Berenson has a book coming out: “Tell Your Children: The Truth About Marijuana, Mental Illness, and Violence.” Unbelievable: in this editorial he states that there's a corolation between Cannabis use and opioid abuse. Someone commented: "That's like saying there's a corolation between watching tv and violent crime." He also says it can cause schizophrenia. Craaaaazy.

This guy completely ignores all the medical research advocating the use of Cannabis for various illnesses. He does point out that a lot of greedy folks are on the legalization bandwagon, but when don't the greedy vultures show up? I can think of all kinds of health and food fads where the vultures hopped right on and began tearing bits of flesh away: the coconut oil craze, the CBD isolate craze, the low fat craze (eat all the sugar you want), the opioid craze: who cranked that one up to maximum volume???

This guy should stick to writing his CIA novels.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

as legalization inches closer in the US you will see tons of this propaganda from the haters
    hopefully they are smarter than that
    4'x 6' x 8' room
    2-400w MH/HPS bulbs
    sunshine mix #4
    mega crop nutes
    current grow
    cd-1
    jack herer
    afghan kush
    green doctor

Comment

REEFER MADDNESS all over again! When the truth does fit one's ideals, just make up your own truth!
      Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

I think the best takeaway from the entire thing is the first word mentioned above the title. “Opinion” in other words...not science. Lol
        4x4 600w HID empty for summer
        3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
        2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
        running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Wow...the entire article says MJ causes psychosis. Didn’t mention the fact that financial struggle is a cause recognized by the medical community, and the wealthy to poor gap has been (and will continue to be) increasing prior to and at the same times these studies were conducted. Can we say skewed data here?
          By far...the most concrete piece of evidence that proves this guy’s opinion is garbage feed at best was this quote taken verbatim from this article.
          “The surveys and hospital data cannot prove that marijuana has caused a population-wide increase in psychosis, but they do offer intriguing evidence.”
          So this guy has officially discredited his own opinion in this article. Lol funny how politics are still dictating opinion on this subject still.

Comment

• Toker1
            Toker1 commented
            Editing a comment
            ...so apparently we can chalk up mj related psychosis with big foot, the Loch Ness monster, and alien sightings at Roswell. The data can not prove existence of any of these things... but the evidence is intriguing. Lmao. What a joke. 🤥

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Toker1 If you looked at any of the comments, people were refuting him left and right. The vast majority of the comments I read were critical of what he was saying--but I didn't read all 400-some comments.

• Toker1
            Toker1 commented
            Editing a comment
            alltatup Lol. No, I didn’t. I’ll have to go back and check that out. Good to know at least some people out there have a good head their shoulders.

Money or attention is that game.

Comment

• DW2
            DW2 commented
            Editing a comment
            Or both, You 'hit the nail on the head'!

Here is a fun little read... teen use of mj has declined due to recreational legalization (although the article doesn’t show yet, same is true in CA). So if the mj psychosis theory is even remotely possible...one could argue that this article written by Alex B. Should actually support legalization on the federal level because you will have less teens using mj. Fact: Teenagers are at the age where the majority of people, who have it, begin experiencing psychosis for the first time.
          https://www.marijuanamoment.net/teen...ral-data-says/
          Last edited by Toker1; 01-07-2019, 02:49 PM.

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Adolescence causes psychosis.

How the f do they know that teen use has declined? I don't believe it, cuz it's in the mj cabinet right next to the liquor cabinet in a lot more peoples' homes.

• Toker1
            Toker1 commented
            Editing a comment
            The same way they know when it has increased or remained constant. Surveys and studies. Relying on information gathered from the public sector.
            Although that might be true, consequences for teens stealing mom or dad’s stash have increased for the parents. Plus, the law in CA is that mj has to be under lock and key in the home now. So teens are now facing more limits in accessing those cabinets described above.

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh, that's interesting to know!! Good thinking, CA!!

http://theleafonline.com/c/social-ju...-legalization/

So access perception has also decreased among teens. These studies were financed by the federal government. See reference material in this link.
          i like how the author said education and honesty is responsible for the decline. In other words, Alex B.’s (plus other prohibition crusaders) attitudes and opinions are more likely to blame for past teenage mj rates being so “high” lol.
          Last edited by Toker1; 01-07-2019, 04:50 PM.

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Very interesting: Maybe adolescents are less interested in what they see their parents doing, tho that never worked for alcohol... Or maybe the pro-legalization lobbyists have more influence over which statistics are released... Who knows. I still find it hard to believe.

So look at this: it shows use pretty constant over the past decade among adolescents:

I have become so wary of which sites and writers I trust as far as Cannabis goes: a million sites seem to have proliferated overnight, like a bad rash. So we're back to mr. berenson: Check out peoples' agendas when they publish on Cannabis... He's got some agenda. I think.
            Last edited by alltatup; 01-07-2019, 05:33 PM.

• Toker1
            Toker1 commented
            Editing a comment
            The link above shows MJ use in teens of mj free legal plus mj repressed states. I was referencing (the links specified) about use in mj legal states.
            Last edited by Toker1; 01-07-2019, 05:50 PM.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X