Bubble hash_ use cured or wet bud/trim?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bubble hash_ use cured or wet bud/trim?

I've been making dry ice hash for a few years now but am thinking of trying to make some bubble hash as well. I've used cured, dried and wet flower for the dry ice hash and they all have worked well.
    Can you use wet trim and popcorn buds to make bubble hash or should you dry it first?
    I read somewhere that you should freeze wet trim and flower before making bubble hash....any suggestions?
    Thanks!
    Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
    liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Frozen wet trim works best. When it’s dry too much plant material will contaminate the bubble hash.
    If you only have frozen dry trim to work with, soak it in cold ice water for several hours before processing.
    Do not freeze for over a week before processing. The tric heads can rupture after a week or so in the freezer.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Hey thanks Toker1_that's good news_ now I don't have to wait for my next harvest to dry and cure before sampling it!
      Probably a dumb question but I'm gonna ask anyway_ If I decide to use some frozen trim/bud should I soak it in the same ice water that I'm going to use to make the bubble hash...then add more ice before starting the agitation? I've got a lot of cured bud and sugar trim frozen in canning jars. I take the jars out and let them come up to room temp before opening so things stay as"intact" as possible...but I guess that wouldn't be necessary and maybe counterproductive as far as making the bubble hash?
      Cheers and thanks for your help!
      liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        You got the right idea. What I do is set the trim, water, and ice in a bucket. I stick that bucket in the fridge for several hours to let soak. Then I add some more ice to start the agitation process. The colder the water and trim stays, the better the final yield will be.
        Intact is best... the more ground up it is, the more plant material will contaminate the final product.

Cool, thats my plan then. I haven't been cutting up my trim and just breaking up buds enough to expose as much as possible, then freeze it up good with the dry ice and hope to keep those trichomes as full as possible after the sift.
      Also its gonna be 4 degrees F here this weekend so I can just put that bucket on the back deck instead of the fridge and my wife will be happy about that! Just gotta make sure it doesn't freeze solid...I'm even thinking of agitating outside too_ keep it as cold a possible.....and if I stir like crazy I might even stay warm....hmmm...it will be fun to try the bubble hash now that I saw that tutorial and discovered I have everything I need! thanks for the info.

Comment

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        4f will freeze it solid if you leave it out there too long. Maybe an inside out cycle. Freeze then thaw. Lol
        Best of luck my friend.

Freeze and thaw_ thats our winter for sure. Last week all the snow melted. tonight its suppose to be 4 F. Crazy 40 degree swings in 24 hrs. I'll be careful and check it every 10-15 minutes !

Comment

Check out bubbleman videos on YouTube. he Is to bubble hash what rick Simpson is to RSo

Comment

I checked that video out....darn, now I just might have to order on of those. Makes it look like a breeze compared to making it in a bucket.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
            9fingerleafs commented
            Editing a comment
            Make sure to look for Chinese knock offs on eBay, after all its just a tiny washer haha

I think I'll take your advise and go with bubbleman_ no issues with tariffs or some of the biggest idiots in the history of American politics. We want to keep him in business right?_Bubbleman not Frump. Support the small cannabis business folks all we can!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X