Clones slow to root?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clones slow to root?

Hi all. Got a question now about clones being very slow to start rooting. I have six clones that I took 14 days ago. They are in Rapid Rooter plugs on a warming mat under a dome. They all look healthy and green, but still no roots showing through the plugs. Can I take a week solution of rooting hormone, maybe with a syringe and put a little bit of that solution into each plug? Or should I get superthrive or something? The first batch of clones took root within 5 days, but they were from a different strain. Hope to get some answers on this, because I'd sure like to see Roots poking through!
    The earth does not belong to us.
    We belong to the earth.

Auto's and Super auto's in Coast of Maine
    Photos in Coast of Maine
    Nothern lights auto, AK48 auto, OG Kush auto Cookie G3 Super auto's
    PurePowerPlant photo, Sweet Zombie photo, Wonder woman photo
    3 & 5 & 7 & 10 gal 24/7 grow bags
    Recharge, molasses, Botanicare nutrient line
    12(6 in each room) 450 watt Viparspector LED
    (2) 6" Carbon filter and fans
    House of hydro foggers both veg and 12/12 rooms.
    8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)
    9 x 12' Flowering room (12/12 room)

Well... you don’t need the dome past the first few days as long as your RH is not too low. This could be the issue... because the plants are getting plenty of water through the leaves... no need to grow roots. Might be good to note that some strains take longer to root than others. If this is your first time cloning a strain... this might be the norm for that particular strain.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• Greenpassion
      Greenpassion commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't know why but I'm not getting any email notifications that there's been any answers from gwe. I have to actually go into the app to find out if anyone's responded. How do I fix that and how did it go wrong? I haven't had an email from gwe in weeks.

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Same here. Well, sometimes they go into my junk mail. Must be an issue with the site.

I think 14 days it’s too soon to panic, give them another week I’d say

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0585.JPG
Views:	600
Size:	1.58 MB
ID:	281240 I recently got a seedling that was clipped off at the base of the stem by an insect to root. With Clonex, and rapid rooter it took some time, but not 2 weeks. I will have to say I was SHOCKED that it worked. As soon as I saw those roots poking out of the side of the rapid rooter I plopped it back into the dirt. Certainly glad I persevered, and tenaciously stuck to this rescue.

Even in a cloner it takes some time. Photo is of the clones I took for monster cropping. Took much longer than I thought maybe because clones were in late flowering. Second photo is of "meet my leetle friend" the monster cropped clone. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0612.JPG
Views:	585
Size:	2.54 MB
ID:	281241
      Last edited by starramus; 01-03-2019, 04:01 PM.

Comment

• starramus
        starramus commented
        Editing a comment
        I usually do not grow in the basement, but since it is winter, and obviously can't grow outside, and because I refuse to heat my barn, I have no alternative. Everybody is going into the basement to bask under the CMH. That is of course after I nuke the area with plenty of insecticide.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X