Enough Led lights for the tent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COCO COIR Enough Led lights for the tent

Hi guys! I am starting a grow and I have a low budget. I am considering in buying a 300 w led full spectrum lights for a 0,8 m x 0,8 m x1,8 m and in the future add more lights. Do you guys think for 1 plant I am going to lose a substantial amount of buds ( What I have read so far for this tent I should have at least 450 W and ideal a 600 W ). Thanks!

If your on a tight budget, you have to start somewhere right? Some people are happy with results from using CFL’s so I’m sure if you make the best of it you can get decent yields. I say if that’s all you can afford, do it. You can add another when money isn’t as tight. You will learn lots on your first grow, don’t waste time! Get growing😎
    Setup
    4’x4’x6.6’
    600W MH
    2x innova 19w full spec led
    175cfm fan, can 33 filter
    8gal DIY reservoir/ hydro system

Comment

Thanks !! I am starting with an auto northern light in a 20L pot 70 % coco coir 30% perlite, hope I can get at least 250 g with 300w led, going to try Low stress.training.

Comment

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        If you are talking 300 par watts, then you will be highly disappointed when it comes to final yeild. If you are talking actual draw from the wall... you need the right genetics to accomplish this task. Even some experienced growers can not hit these numbers. If you are thinking 1 gram per watt, just realize most people need to establish several grows before dialing in the equipment to maximize efficiency.
        A more realistic yeild would be 1/2 gram per watt (maybe even less) for the first time growing a strain.

To get 250 gms (dried, cured, manicured, bud) from one plant is going to take some plant training so check out the tutorials here on GWE. You'll want to be careful with the training on that auto or you could end up stunting the plant. Check out the LST training techniques and especially how to keep an even canopy_ they will be essential. I've topped and FIM'd autos once/plant after the 4th node developed, but I might not try that the first time around with the auto....Do what bluebudz suggested_ get growing! The 300 watt should get you by for the one plant, you just need to keep it short by training it well and find the "sweet spot" for your light. Be careful not to burn it or let it stretch too much. The northern lights I've grown in the past have stayed fairly short...usually about 2-3' in a 3-5 gallon planter. Good growing!
      Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
      liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

Hey, guys thanks a lot !! I have some serious anxiety problems since I was a child and is very expensive to buy good cannabis, so I decided to start a grow. I am checking a lot of tutorials, but I am from Brazil ( the equipment here is very expensive and I don't have so many options ). What you guys think about this feeding chart: https://www.growpotcheaply.com/my-feeding-charts Lucas Formula General Hydroponics Three-Part Series ( the last chart ).

I am checking the videos from this guy ( quite impressive the northern lights video ) and after I checked his free course I found grow weed easy and is way more professional but I decided so far to feed this way. And what is the difference to plant 100% coco coir or mix 70 % coco coir 30 % perlite.

Comment

General Hydroponics makes some of the most affordable liquid nutrients. If you are going to grow in coco then you need to make sure you get the Ca/Mag supplement. Besides that you can probably get by with just the Grow nutrients and then the Flower nutrients. Coco also comes in a lot of different types. If you buy it in a block (the most affordable) then you need to make sure you wash it really well. Even if it says its "washed" it may have been washed in sea water and you need to get the salts out of it. There's a tutorial on washing your coco here on GWE.
          I would recommend at least 30% perlite with your coco mix.
          liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

Thanks Mr. Furley_ for passing along that link to AndreeAlice....cheers

Comment

Welcome, Andree
            Plenty of good advice posted.
            Easiest way I've found to see if I have enough light for my space would be to know the actual power draw from your wall outlet. The power estimations you quoted for the tent size is based on approximately 50w/ sq ft of area. That produces an adequate amount of photons of light to shower over your grow. As the light source becomes more efficient at converting electricity into light, you need fewer watts from the wall to make the same amount of photons. This is the biggest difference between economy 'blurple' leds and current tech diodes.
            Ultimately, blurples will grow weed. Plan on needing 50 watts per sq. foot to provide enough light. Most of the '300's' run at 125-150 watts so the will cover 2-3 sq ft-that's just enough for a single plant.
            WHAT???
            5x5 grow space
            900w of Vero's and F-strips
            4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

• AndreeAlice
              AndreeAlice commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks !! I realize I need to check the true power draw from the LEDs !! I ll buy a cob full spectrum and appreciate all the information as soon as I get my setup ready I ll post it !!!
              Last edited by AndreeAlice; 01-05-2019, 06:48 AM.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X