Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you know if you've corrected the calcium deficiency?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you know if you've corrected the calcium deficiency?

I finally picked up some cal-mag and treated her with ph'd water. If I was able to help her how long will it take to see signs of improvement?

It’s going to be almost immediate, but you will not see any “improvements”, damaged leaves and spots will remain. What you’ll notice is that it will stop spreading, newer leaves will not develop spots and the plant will continue growing, you gotta give it a couple of days to drink that calcium rich water but it should stop getting worse right away

Comment

Should I trim off the bad leaves? There are even a few bud leaves that started turning. I still have at least 4 more week's to go.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        Just make sure crispy dead leaves don’t get inside the buds, if they get too close remove them

Different plants-strains go through end of life stages in unpredictable ways. I've had dry crunchy leaves on still swelling and maturing buds. Try to post a pic in natural light or with a flash, so we can see.

Comment

Here are what the affected leaves look like.

Comment

Thing is... calcium, magnesium, and iron deficiencies all have similar looking signs. And one of these can drastically affect the uptake of the others. The only way you can say the deficiency has been corrected is if the new growth comes in quickly and with no signs of symptoms.
          can you be sure that there is not an abundance of calcium in your water or medium that is causing a lock out that is leading to a deficiency?
          Last edited by Toker1; 12-29-2018, 03:57 PM.
          4x4 600w HID empty for summer
          3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
          2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
          running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

My PH was high so I picked up some PH down and with the cal-mag I'm hoping this helps her? With this kind of deficiency can it kill a plant or just stunt it? She seems to be growing great and everyday the buds seem to be fattening up. Here is a pic I just took.

Comment

It will not kill it, nor slow it down if you get after it right away. I would give it a good 4 or 5 gal. flush of Ph.ed water. With 1/2 or 3/4 strength nutes in the last gal. plus a good dose of cal-mag. Then give her a week.

Comment

She must have liked my flush and calmag. Really filling in nicely.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
                  9fingerleafs commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I’m glad to hear that. I do believe calmag is a growers best friend

Got to second that_ i'd never grow in coco without it. I'm trying liquid organics in coco based medium for the first time this grow and was concerned about Cal/Mag deficiencies but using the organic Cal/Mag supplements as suggested by the manufactures has worked great .Looks like you're going to have a nice one. Just keep feeding them 1/2-3/4 strength nutrients with 20% runoff unless they show signs of overwatering...for a few days anyway. That should get them back on track_ looks like you'll have a nice harvest.
                Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
                liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X