Water ph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Water ph

My water is from a lime rock spring,the ph is about 7.0 - 7.5 ph. I'm growing organic I've read that ph is not as much of a concern with organics. I have maintained ph anyway. The last time I made compost tea I used water that started out at 6.2 ph when I was done with the brew the ph was 7.2 my soil ph stays about 7.0 the plants look great. I'm using a premix called Boogie Brew. Does any of this matter or am I big dealing this?

Botanists have done the scientific work for us and they state that cannabis plants absorb nutrients in the ph range of 5.5 - 6.5. Organics or otherwise.

​​​​
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Ph for soil should be between 6-7. I assume you are talking soil here. PH is important. Soil can be a buffer... but improper PH can alter soil PH over time and potentially cause issues. If what you are doing currently is working... I wouldn’t change a thing. Just keep her healthy and happy. Happy growing my friend.
      4x4 600w HID empty for summer
      3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
      2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
      running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Yeah my soil is right at 7.0 ph but I just checked my compost tea and its at 7.5 I've added a drop or two of lemon before and it worked but I'm worried about it killing any or all of the microbes or fungi. Any thoughts?

Comment

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          If you PH adjust its best to shoot for a range and not hit the same exact number twice.
          Adjusting to 6.0 - 7.0 will not kill off the microbes. I have used microbes successfully in DWC where you adjust to 5.5.

The thing with true orgánics is that you shouldn’t use ph up and down. That being said just like Canuck said, it’s well known that the ph should stay within that 6 to 7 range for the best resulta. If your plants are looking well I wouldn’t change anything myself, but you should take into consideration if problems arise that ph gets a bit high. The ph rises when you brew mostly because dissolved oxygen rises ph, thus it will decrease as the oxygen is taken up by the roots. Happy growing

Comment

Thank you for the advice. This is what I would call my first real grow. I've had (miracle grows) but they had a lot left to be desired. Here's hoping for much better results!

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
            9fingerleafs commented
            Editing a comment
            I’m sure you will, keep doin what your doin and enjoy the ride

I use living-organic soil too, and rarely check the ph, but on your teas, you need to be sure your ph, is between 6-7, for best results, imo.
          I also use EarthJuiceCrystals,up-down, when i have too, i dont think its possible to kill all the microbes in your soil, unless you are intentionally trying too,lol.
          I also use molasses in all my teas, which helps feed the microbes.
          Like was mentioned above, if she's looking good ,I wouldn't do anything to her. But watch her grow.
          HappyGrowing
          @Cannabutt
          Cfls for a week or two
          315lec for everything else
          Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
          36x36x63 inch tent.
          6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
          Smart pots
          Molasses
          Autoflowers

Comment

It is possible to kill your benificial microbes accidentally by overwatering and letting water with low oxygen content stagnate in your growing medium. Just make sure you have a proper wet-dry cycle and you will do fine.
            4x4 600w HID empty for summer
            3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
            2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
            running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Thanks for all the advice. I just used a few drops of lemon in the tea and brought the ph down. Hopefully it will bring the soil ph a couple of tenths.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
                9fingerleafs commented
                Editing a comment
                If you can catch the run off and test that ph, to give you a better idea how the soil ph is doin. Most likely the soil will be slightly acidic so it balances out, otherwise you’d be having issues. But like the old say don’t fix what’s not broken, if you freak out and change lots of things you could cause problems

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X