Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leaves yellow on one plant out of many. Suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaves yellow on one plant out of many. Suggestions?

I've got a fair number of very healthy little girls at the moment, but one that just seems to be struggling to flush out a nice solid green. Plant seems healthy otherwise. Same soil, environment, etc as the rest that all seem very healthy. Suggestions?

For next grow... try transplanting from smaller containers into larger ones. These plants look to small for these large containers. You will see improvements in growth rates.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ah. I didn’t know these were autos. I only grow photoperoid plants. 😅
      What is your ph like?
      A little lighter color is normal for new growth.
      Last edited by Toker1; 12-28-2018, 01:42 PM.

• Serapium
      Serapium commented
      Editing a comment
      Toker1 the soil ph is around 6.5 and I'm watering with ph 6.1 or so. Supplementing with CalMag as I am using RO water. Gave them their first feeding last night at 10% of recommended dose. Only reason I was concerned about the color is that this plant is noticeably much, much lighter than the others. I have 89 currently in progress and all are a nice deep green except this one.

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah...since you are growing from seed, some plants will be noticeably different from the others. The genetic variation will cause different growth rates and different reactions to environmental cues.

Don’t worry about it, there’s always a little “runt” that can’t keep up with the rest

Comment

• Serapium
      Serapium commented
      Editing a comment
      9fingerleafs any suggestions on what I could do for this specific plant that might get it over the hump? Would a heavy nutrient dose help do you think?

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      I don’t think more nutrients will do any good, not if the rest of the plants are fine. Some plants grow very fast and strong and some don’t, sometimes some plants just don’t make it. Some plants have a shitty metabolism or just not very vigorous. There’s always genetic variation from plant to plant, this are called phenotypes, the expression of the same genotype. Just like two human can have different child’s and while they do carry the “same” DNA some genes manifest and other don’t.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X