Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DARK Green leaves

Hello all.
    I'm a first time grower and recently started a previous thread about my plants in which I asked about my plants health and most of you suggested that I transplant, which I did and since then the growth has been good. So thank you to all. Now I have another problem which is the leaves of two of my plants are turning dark green. Now that mostly means a nitrogen toxicity but in my case, I'm not adding any extra nutrients to the plants, just the basic soil, light and water. I was wondering if this could be because of low humidity? As it's winters and I haven't really done anything to maintain humidity. Plus I have a fan inside the grow tent which is mostly on. Pics attached. Also this is skunk#1. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Also, the leaves as you can see have started curling. What do you guys suggest I do about that?

Comment

Are leaves curling down? Hard to tell from pic. If so let them dry out more. How's your ph 6.5 going in I hope! Lol
      Last edited by Potted; 12-15-2016, 11:38 AM.

Comment

That looks like textbook nitrogen excess

Comment

They look droopy and shiny...

What kind of soil/medium

Comment

The soil is at ph 6.

Comment

• Green75
              Green75 commented
              Editing a comment
              What are you giving ph when you water or feed

Comment

• Green75
              Green75 commented
              Editing a comment
              Are you able to read the writing...
              Is there time release nitrogen in there..?
              What's npk ...does it say...I really hope you can read all that or I'm not sure why you bought it......are you also using the compost bag?

Green75 unfortunately the bag has no English written on it, only Dutch. Also I'm unable to make out the NPK of the soil because of the language. However I believe it's high N and lower P and K. And this is the only soil I'm using, no compost or other nutrients

Comment

Did you spray Neem on the plant?
              It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
              https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
              https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
              http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
              https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

• Dagmar
                Dagmar commented
                Editing a comment
                Why did you ask this? I ask because I have tried Neem on my cannabis to get rid of gnats (It didn't work) but it there a potential that Neem could cause problems?

• Weed Pharma
                Weed Pharma commented
                Editing a comment
                NEEM has nitrogen @ a 4 on the NPK rating - so spraying it directly on the leaves can cause them to turn dark green- Nitrogen is a mobile nutrient and eventually it will be used, if it didn't damage any leaves.

• Dagmar
                Dagmar commented
                Editing a comment
                Good to know, thanks!

Also I don't have a ph meter at the moment. So I can't really say what the ph is.

Comment

Weed Pharma Nope. Haven't sprayed anything on the plants.

Comment

Probably too much nitrogen in the soil before you even used it.
                  ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
                  Mars Hydro
                  Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Canuck147 if that is the case, how do I go about solving the problem? This is the only soil I have and I don't add any extra nutrients, only filtered water. So flushing is not an option.

Comment

Low humidity plus enriched soil can cause problems. With low humidity, the plant transpires more and up takes more water from the medium. Along with that, the nutrients in the media also get absorbed.

Youll probably be fine in the end but if you can address the humidity issue, you should be ok.

Comment

Mulch/sawdust...will draw out the excess nitrogen...in your case I would use sawdust....mix lightly in top quarter inch of soil then loosely on top bed...covering....if you soil is dry right now..do it...then water after you add sawdust....not alot just enough to get it all wet...as it dries it will pull nitrogen from the soil..it will take a while but will work in short future and long run....best of luck...

Comment

• Royal Nugs
                          Royal Nugs commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Great tip! Greenie in the clutch

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X