Making Gummies ....Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making Gummies ....Question

Is drying and curing flower buds a priority when using the material for tincture or extraction for edibles? I can see the value in smoking or vaping to have it dry enough. Do those same principles hold up for making candies?

I think it's best to let it dry at least for a little bit. You can skip the cure of months, but best if you can get a little.

if you have to have it now you can dry your buds in the oven at a low heat but you will sacrifice quality and flavor.

someone else may know better.
    Space for Rent.

Comment

Depends on what you are trying to do and the process you plan to use. Drying and curing breaks down chlorophyll, for one example, so if your extraction process uses ethanol as it’s solvent you might want most of the chlorophyll out of the raw material before extracting. Now if your solvent vaporizes chlorophyll, then curing may be pointless. This is all assuming your process doesn’t extract terpenoids prior to extracting the psychoactives.
      Last edited by Toker1; 12-27-2018, 11:07 PM.
      4x4 600w HID empty for summer
      3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
      2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
      running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Well, that answer is more than I was hoping for but probably what I’d expected without realizing it. ..here’s why, I really want to make Mr. Furley’s Gummies. I’ve been over 4 months in “process’ so to speak and that ended 2 weeks ago. Everything is going text book wonderful and as all of the tutorials on the site say....’your going to be anxious to try it out’. But, after driving thru all of the curves and twists of the grow and managing any crazies that crossed the path, I will not F it up by rushing ...even though I’d love to. Would have been nice though

since this is a long coming first time, I need to have a baseline before I start messing up any levels of elements that were built into the genetics and either properly managed during the growth development or messed up and not fully achieved. If it’s actually on track for greatness and I ruin it by rushing, all of those months are wasted and I really won’t know where I screwed up.
        Last edited by Farmall; 12-28-2018, 01:00 AM.

Comment

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          You can always do a half and half batch of each method and see which you like better.

My 2 cents' worth: What you want to do for edibles, tinctures, etc. is decarb your materials first. Otherwise, the THC won't be psychoactive. Get an Ardent Nova decarb machine.
        Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
        2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
        Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Farmall Growing is the easy part ain't it, lol
          Then the work begins, seriously.
          Mrfurly, knows his business, for sure, and his Gummies, look awesome,
          I bet they work great too !!
          Good Luck with whatever you go with,ole bud.
          Alltatup knows her business too,
          Cfls for a week or two
          315lec for everything else
          Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
          36x36x63 inch tent.
          6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
          Smart pots
          Molasses
          Autoflowers

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X