Brown and curling leaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brown and curling leaves

Closet grower, 50 watt CFL, 20 watt colored LEDs at 18 inches with small computer fan slightly moving leaves, best H. depot potting soil., temp 70 to 85 degrees. moisture /PH meter reading OK. Put in the sunshine for two hours everyday.
    Second time grower, successful before. Brown is on the side of the leaves and getting worse. Help!

Not positive, but you might have a bug problem, on your hands.
    Check under the bottom of her leaves, real closely.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

• Qwertywill
      Qwertywill commented
      Editing a comment
      I second DAAS.

The insects can be a tenth of a "."

I checked for bugs. Didn’t see any. I use LEDs and CFL 12 on 12 off. When it’s sunny and warm, I put then outside. Thinking I should spray with NEEM OIL. Opinions appreciated! Leaves are curling down on the sides and on the length! Moisture meter at root level reads moderate wet

Comment

Could this be a burn from 20 watt LEDs 50 watt CFL? Distance 18 inches. I can hold my hand over the leaves for several minutes and feel no heat.

Comment

I think you should start by getting a ph pen, those moisture/ph meters don’t work.

Comment

I second that 9fingerleafs if you don't have bugs, keep looking! your PH is the next important thing.
          You say "H. depot soil" What do you mean? The dark green looking leafs in the burple light would get me looking at too much nitrogen which could not only be from your PH but your soil.
          You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

20 Watt LEDs and 60 watt CFL = 70 Watts for 2’ ft x 3 ft area. Distance from top of plants 18 inches. Opinions appreciated

Comment

• Mr.furley
              Mr.furley commented
              Editing a comment
              But what kind of soil?

• GlennFHoward
              GlennFHoward commented
              Editing a comment
              Home Depot’s best potting soil. It’s works beautifully on my decorative plants

• Mr.furley
              Mr.furley commented
              Editing a comment
              I have to ask. It's not Miracle Grow is it?
              Just remember cannabis is not a decorative plant and requires something totally different.

I myself think they have sunburn, if those leafs were not used to real light they will sunburn very easily. I am running 4x27 watt (actual watts, 100w eq) CFLs (per plant with 10 above 1 plant) at no more than 3 inches above the plants and raise them when the plants get within 1 inch of the lights. If they get closer than 1 inch, I get burns. I cant say anything on the LED, I dont have any yet,,, yet!

Comment

• GlennFHoward
              GlennFHoward commented
              Editing a comment
              Can you post a pic

Home Depot’s best potting soil. I have lots of decorative plants growing successfully in the same batch.
            Thanking you all for your help and suggestions
            1. I sprayed all surfaces of the plants, top, bottles and soil with a solution of NEEM OIL
            2. I raised the 60 Watt CFL to 2 feet
            i guess...Wait and see

Comment

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
                9fingerleafs commented
                Editing a comment
                What a beautiful place you got there

#2 plant. Just noticed this morning the tiny new leaflets are dying! The only thing diff from my last crop is the 60 Watt CFL light. I replaced it with last years 20 Watt CFL.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                D.A.A.S.69 commented
                Editing a comment
                How close did you have your 60watt, before you moved it,?
                It's almost impossible to burn your plants with cfls, on my seedlings they are never more than 2inches away, but I use 23watt cfls, I have used 50watts too, and I tried to keep them within 6-8 inches, closer when flowering.
                9fingerleafs uses cfls for his whole grow, maybe he will chime in, to help you.

• Mr.furley
                Mr.furley commented
                Editing a comment
                Your soil has little to no perlite, how long does it take for your pots to dry out?

• 9fingerleafs
                9fingerleafs commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah I gotta agree with daas. You won’t hurt your plants with CFLs. I think the problem is something else

You guys are putting CFLs within few inches, my 20 WATT LED multi colored and my 60 watt CFL were at 18 inches. I replaced the 60 with a 20 CFL and moved them tp 24 inches. Sprayed everything with a solution of NEEM oil. Last growth was no problem. Only change is the 20 to 60 watt CFL. No bugs to be seen with high magnifying glass. Burn? Doesn’t make sense. I am Appreciating all your help!

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                D.A.A.S.69 commented
                Editing a comment
                I don't know anything about a 20watt Led, at all, but I d oubpt it's doing much good way up high, but then again, I don't know about them.
                But cfls have got to be close to your plants. to do any good, Check 9fingers grow out.
                DW2 uses them to ,I think
                I use them on my seedlings every grow, for the first week or two, and never any further than 2-3inches away
                HappyGrowing
                I should have added I keep my cfls 2-3inches is because, I don't want my autos to stretch, when seedlings,but if you want best results, imo, they still need to be fairly close, especially 23watt cfls. One plant in particular, I used a 300watt -145watts Led at the wall, in a small 8sq, foot tent, along with 10 23watt cfls ,an kept the cfls 2inches away from the buds,, and they turned out nice and hard, not lite and airy. Like some do.
                HappyGrowing
                Last edited by D.A.A.S.69; 12-27-2018, 05:04 PM.

• 9fingerleafs
                9fingerleafs commented
                Editing a comment
                Get the CfLs within 10 inches of the plant. I think the plant looks a bit rough because of the foliar spray, give it some time and enough light

• 9fingerleafs
                9fingerleafs commented
                Editing a comment
                And don’t spray with the lights on, wait until plants are dry to turn them on

Ok, right now, I will give them time to recuperate. 20 watt LED, 20 watt CFL both at 24 inches, light fan breeze, no direct sun or direct sun for a few hours a day.....opinions appreciated on everything. fingers crossed. I also added a small healthy potted plant from my green house as a standard.

Comment

Where are the best seeds to available. Most reliable source. Auto or not auto.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                  D.A.A.S.69 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Plenty of places that are very fast delivered, if you live in the States, SouthernOregonSeeds, OregonEliteSeeds, New420Guyseeds, New420Guy is the fastest though, good seeds to, imo.
                  Only takes 3-4days to receive them from Paul, plus you get freebies.
                  From overseas, you can expect to get them in 10-30days, depending on several different things. Like customs or xrays. And how busy they are.

This pic is not today, and the center plant now has 10 27 watt (100 w eq) bulbs over it, you can see they are close to the girls. I have had a plant grow right up inside one of the (smaller) bulbs, it had very little burning. And before you laugh to hard on my reflectors, they are cheap and do the job! They also move in the wind which moves the reflection.
                IF those leaves had never seen sunshine, they will burn very easily, and fast.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X