No announcement yet.

Brown/copper spots,tip brown and curls,new veg don’t look good in one section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brown/copper spots,tip brown and curls,new veg don’t look good in one section

First DWC, started 10/3/18,flower 12/12/18, using GH nutes,tip curl started first then brown/yellow tips,may had spider mites (don’t seem to be getting any more spots used azm max)about a week ago noticed this one section of new veg dying and all new veg getting yellow tips. Don’t thank ph test is accurate because all I have is the droplets test and well the water isn’t just clear because of nutes. Ppm tester is a cheep. Any help is greatly appreciated. And what do I do just let it run or buy better test equipment to get you and I better numbers to find the problem

Welcome, you seem to be doin great, I don’t grow in DwC and we have some great growers that do so let’s see what they say. Overall the plant looks great and you shouldn’t freak out, probably going to be able to locate the issue, a good ph pen is definitely necessary and you’ll use it forever so get one as soon as you can. If you have RO water you can take a cup fill with RO and put a little bit of your reservoir water (little enough so the color doesn’t change) and test that with the drops. Because there are no salts in it ROs water ph is very volatile and it will immediately “become” the ph of what ever you put in it

Comment

Yes I use RO it’s a 70gal system. That’s a good pointer for testing my ph. I plan on getting a blue lab monitor here very shortly. Just didn’t have the cash have that current culture bill lol.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        Blue lab supposed to be the best but they’re very expensive. I’ve had great results with the brand “H&M Digital”

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah BlueLabs are good ones for sure, lots of good help from the company too.
        Alot of times they will run sales on them, you can get some models for 80bucks or so.
        Even the cheap yellow ones on Amazon, for 20bucks, work fine if you take good care of them, you might want to get 2 though, just in case.

HappyGrowing
        George4green

I’ll look in to it thanks

Comment

Check the bottom of the leaves with a 60x -100x magnifier.

Comment

I only have a 40x and don’t see anything mite wise

Comment

how close was your led light Ive seen them do this if to close, Ill raise the light and not worry about it if everything else checks out , can't say you didn't take enough pictures you certainly cover the whole plant lol
            new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
            current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• George4green
              George4green commented
              Editing a comment
              Tried to give all the info I could lol. Actually had 20 pictures but it would only let me post 15. I keep it around 18-25”. It’s just so off brand $250 1000w amazon light. I also have two 1000w hps hung on the ceiling (10-12’ can’t remember) there turned down to 600w

Howdy George4green, Did You apply the Azamax as a foliar spray? I have had similar spots on my leaves after using the foliar spray on the leaves. Someone (on line) said that there is sometimes a "leaf burn' effect from the water droplets left on the leaf surface, this could be, but I'm not positive about it. As said above, the plant and roots look like the plant is doing o.k. If there is no bad smell coming from the reservoir and the pH, water temperature, and nutrient levels are maintained in their proper ranges, I would not worry too much. I all most forgot, the browning and curling tips on the leaves can indicate a 'nutrient burn'. This would indicate that You are at or near the maximum amount of nutrient needed for the plant. I follow the feed rates recommended by GH and my grows have all had the brown and curling tips (the 'claw') without ant adverse affects. If they cause You some concern, just cut back on their dosage a little.
            Last edited by DW2; 12-26-2018, 01:04 PM. Reason: added infotmation
            Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• George4green
              George4green commented
              Editing a comment
              Ya I used it as spray when it seemed I had mites. Don’t like the fact it doesn’t say anything on it about how often to apply. I figured the claw and brown tips was a nute burn so I dropped off on the nutes. My ppm stick sucks. some times it be say 1200 then check again later and be 1400 or something so I’m calling it junk. Just waiting for a check to come in to get my CO2 regulator and monitor for ph,ppm,temp

This is what mine did. Turned out to be pH, temp too high, and not enough nutes. I started adding cal-mag to my nutes and kept an eye on temps. Same plant 2 months later in the second pic.

Comment

• George4green
              George4green commented
              Editing a comment
              Definitely looking much better lol

Comment

• George4green
              George4green commented
              Editing a comment
              Trying. will say DWC is as hard as it seems. First time growning DWC. Second time growing

• oldjarhead100
              oldjarhead100 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thats some pluming never seen it that big before

• George4green
              George4green commented
              Editing a comment
              3” pipes with 13gal containers. Holds around 70-75 gal in the system

Comment

Starting to harvest

Comment

Comment

I had similar problem so I added some cal/mag and problem went away I’m pretty sure that what you need specially with RO water. A bit late with the reply but just Incase you still have that issue try adding cal/mag.. I use the GH drops they work perfectly fine no need to spend hundreds on a pen that is for sure going to break that’s just my opinion on that..

Comment

• George4green
                    George4green commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ya that’s what I figured my problem was now. I have some hollow steams

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X