Seeds popped but no growth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeds popped but no growth

Something very strange. I took 9 seeds and did the paper towel method five of the nine opened up and got a Taproot. But I took all 9 put them in the Solo cups, the five ones with a Taproot and the four ones that haven't opened yet. They are under a dome on a warming mat with T5 light about six inches above them. I cannot imagine what I'm doing wrong. I'm doing nothing different now than I have in the past and this is bizarre. There are a week old and only one has its first set of serrated leaves aside from the two little round leaves they get when they first open. The other four are just doing nothing. What am I doing wrong?
    The earth does not belong to us.
    We belong to the earth.

Auto's and Super auto's in Coast of Maine
    Photos in Coast of Maine
    Nothern lights auto, AK48 auto, OG Kush auto Cookie G3 Super auto's
    PurePowerPlant photo, Sweet Zombie photo, Wonder woman photo
    3 & 5 & 7 & 10 gal 24/7 grow bags
    Recharge, molasses, Botanicare nutrient line
    12(6 in each room) 450 watt Viparspector LED
    (2) 6" Carbon filter and fans
    House of hydro foggers both veg and 12/12 rooms.
    8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)
    9 x 12' Flowering room (12/12 room)

Sounds like the only thing you did wrong, was buy your seeds from the wrong place.

Comment

How deep did you plant them?

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Comment

• Greenpassion
        Greenpassion commented
        Editing a comment
        I put them in the rapid Rooter plugs. As I generally do. They're about a quarter of an inch down or less than that.

They probably just need time, maybe not so fresh seeds???

Comment

Just wait it out, u could start another if your worried

Comment

Hi GP, your conditions for germinating sound perfect to me. I also use a heating pad under my germination tray. I just germinated 8 out of 10 seeds: a couple sat and sat and did nothing, where the others popped out the tap root right away and began pushing up. So I tossed the two. One was a freebie from Barney's Farm, and I often wonder if the freebies aren't really old seeds, or what's wrong with them. So I usually save my freebies for "in case of emergency."

Where did you get them?
          Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
          2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
          Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Greenpassion Well Nirvana is certainly one of the most reputable breeders. What's yr room temp? I notice my seedlings are growing slow right now because it's cool, but I'm trying to keep the room around 70 and inside the grow boxes it's around 80.

I don't know that nutrient brand. You know to start with a very VERY low dose of nutes when you begin feeding a seedling, right? And you know that the cotyledons, the round leaves that first come out, feed the seedling for a while, right? See if your nutrient instructions tell you how to feed seedlings. I have a very low dose of nutes in the reservoir with my two week old seedlings right now.

• Greenpassion
            Greenpassion commented
            Editing a comment
            I haven't used any nutrients at all on them. I trashed them yesterday. They were 15 days old and about a half of an inch tall with no second Leaf growth. I had them on a warming mat under a dome humidity was great temperatures upper 70s maybe close to 80. I just can't figure it out. That's all nine seeds nothing from them. I have never fed new seedlings any nutrients. Not until they've gotten some size on them.

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Greenpassion Were they dying, or did you just get impatient? Were your roots getting enough oxygen?

You should let Nirvana know what happened and I bet they replace your seeds.

No. I didn't get impatient. I waited over 16 days for them to even get a second set of leaf.
          The earth does not belong to us.
          We belong to the earth.

Auto's and Super auto's in Coast of Maine
          Photos in Coast of Maine
          Nothern lights auto, AK48 auto, OG Kush auto Cookie G3 Super auto's
          PurePowerPlant photo, Sweet Zombie photo, Wonder woman photo
          3 & 5 & 7 & 10 gal 24/7 grow bags
          Recharge, molasses, Botanicare nutrient line
          12(6 in each room) 450 watt Viparspector LED
          (2) 6" Carbon filter and fans
          House of hydro foggers both veg and 12/12 rooms.
          8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)
          9 x 12' Flowering room (12/12 room)

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X