RDWC lower leaves dying top growth spotting and dying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HYDRO RDWC lower leaves dying top growth spotting and dying

hey so im doing a current culture setup basically little girls are on week two in the buckets. Just noticed this starting the other day and the worst pic is what the little girl looks like today. The most developed plants, up top and at the roots, are showing the worst sings but def noticing some spotting on the smaller ones starting now too. Running lots of air so started with there lowest hyperairated schedual which puts week one at like 80 ppm. Changed water the other day uo to 120ppm now. I strongly feel they are deficient but was advised by current culture to keep ppms there cause plant seems small they said and ensure water level is at second ring of pot. water level has been around there consisantly and no higher than 74,room temps between 70-75 night and day humidity between 40-75 ph between 6-6.3 no more and stead there last two weeks. Please help dont know if i should go against there advice and bump up ppms because the more developed plants showing the worst and this started at the bottom leaves now that i am paying closer attention. Or flush and keep the same ppm. or hand feed the most developed ones for a bit. The one plant went from the best pic to the worst in like two days. Should also mention fairly new still so any help appreciated. Def first grow in RDWC Thanks in advance Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0663.JPG
Views:	193
Size:	3.11 MB
ID:	277822Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0668.JPG
Views:	131
Size:	3.34 MB
ID:	277823Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0669.JPG
Views:	150
Size:	3.19 MB
ID:	277824Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0666.JPG
Views:	115
Size:	3.63 MB
ID:	277825Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0667.JPG
Views:	140
Size:	3.29 MB
ID:	277826

Just a pic of the room under all the insulation and should also mention the one that look the worst are also little pale looking compared to the smaller greener ones. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0586.JPG
Views:	131
Size:	3.06 MB
ID:	277833
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Hat, What do the roots look like? What's your pH been? You may have some nute burn? I'd like to see the roots.
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• HatRack
        HatRack commented
        Editing a comment
        pics posted ph has been steady between 6 - 6.3

Try PH down to 5.5....then let it swing back up over a few days. Once it gets to 6.5 adjust back down again.
      4x4 600w HID empty for summer
      3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
      2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
      running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

I’d like to see your roots too. What do you use to keep your water bacteria’s free? Don’t you have a “funny” smell of your water? Post some pics of the roots.

and you said your water level is until the second ring of your netpot.... you should have around 2” between the bottom of your netpot an the water. I normally use top fed for the first 2-3 weeks.
      Last edited by Budler; 12-21-2018, 10:41 PM.

Comment

• HatRack
        HatRack commented
        Editing a comment
        i use uc roots and the cultured solutions lineup and was told by them to put the water there. I thought to my self water level lower to make roots search and i have been top feeding one that wasnt growing roots yet into the bucket. I figured the rest of the roots were ok to drink themselves

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0670.JPG
Views:	121
Size:	3.26 MB
ID:	277896Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0671.JPG
Views:	114
Size:	3.95 MB
ID:	277897Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0672.JPG
Views:	132
Size:	3.56 MB
ID:	277898Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0673.JPG
Views:	141
Size:	2.76 MB
ID:	277899Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0674.JPG
Views:	126
Size:	2.76 MB
ID:	277900

Comment

Whats weird and why i thought more ppms is because the small guys seem to be doing better than the bigger ones and roots all seem about the same development. the bigger ones started showing first and the lower little leaves on them seem to be spotting dying the most quickest. Read somewhere else that to high water flow can cause uptake issues?? And now that i think about it, this did start around the time i switched to this pump from a leaking 800 hydrofarm a couple days ago. Coincidense or no??? Also noticed when i lifted a pot out for pics i had to detangle a root from an air tube which is what im using instead of stones that it had the slightest bit of a slimy feel. Water temps were between 70 -72 when using hydrofarm pump and now seem to be between 72-74.5. Any help appreciated here as im kinda lost. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0679.JPG
Views:	185
Size:	1.91 MB
ID:	277907Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0678.JPG
Views:	145
Size:	2.15 MB
ID:	277908Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0677.JPG
Views:	146
Size:	2.53 MB
ID:	277909Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0676.JPG
Views:	158
Size:	2.96 MB
ID:	277910Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0675.JPG
Views:	157
Size:	3.14 MB
ID:	277911

Comment

• LurkingInTheGrass
          LurkingInTheGrass commented
          Editing a comment
          HatRack

Makes sense to me now - you have bubbles 😁

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          I had to buy a chiller for my reservoir; on my second grow I got a nasty case of root rot, which I never wanted to deal with again. I keep the water temp around 67-68. At that temp, bad stuff can't grow.

I use Great White michorrhizae powder (beneficial bacteria) just to be on the safe side, and I've been using Advanced Nutrients, but this time I've gone back to my old nutes, Future Harvest.

• HatRack
          HatRack commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the replies and direction fellas muchly appreciated. I ended up doin a flush and bit of bucket scrub down., Started with fresh batch of nutrified h2o 150 ppm just a little above where they were at before flush hopefully that was the right decision. Ordered a coralife chiller be here friday will use some frozen jugs till then i guess. Also phd down to 5.7 will let it drift bach up.Guess we will see in few days hopefully they start uptakin again though. lowered water level to just below net pots. Happy medium of all the different advice. Guess Ill post some pics if all goes well soon Thanks again

I just get rid of one of my seedling yesterday, as I made mistake germinating it too long, the root snapped when I tried to put it in her root riot. She was okay for a while, but the growth was far behind. It was an auto so I decided to get rid of it.

I still think that you have some kind of root rot, or at least your roots are not feeling okay.
        I took a picture of my one. The seed was germinated on the 9th. I use silver bullet to keep my water clean, and I use katana roots for the first 2-3 weeks.

Im not an expert, but I don’t think you can go very wrong by giving them some more nutes. Make sure you’re checking on them more frequently.
        Attached Files

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X