Air cooled vs wing reflector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air cooled vs wing reflector

I just got done with my first grow in a 5x5 tent. Dwc advanced nutrients line up. 1000 hps dimmed down to 750. Started with 6 plants lost 1 ended with 14oz harvest. Obviously I'm fucking ecstatic about 14 oz my first grow, which has taught me so much.

I'm working on converting my shed into a grow room and I am trying to decide what size light I should get and if I can get by with open wing reflectors because the noise from inline fans is an issue. I will be in a 7x10 squareish space with a 18k btu split ac which is rated for 700-1k square feet. I'll also have 2 dehumidifiers and a co2 generator putting off heat.

the actual grow areas I plan to use are 2-7x4 areas with a walkway between them. So my question is air cooled 600 hps vs. Wing reflector 600 hps. I know the wing reflector will put off heat but will it be so much the the ac wont be able to keep up with the other heat sources. I'd really like to avoid having to sound proof my shed if possible and the wing reflectors would solve that issue but will they cause more problems than they solve??

You get a better spectrum of light if you don't hide the bulb behind glass. But no matter what you'll have to vent your heat and humidity somehow.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

If your living in a state that does not abide, and gets snow u got to insulate the roof best, having no snow on the roof from heat is a sure giveaway..... to the heat.

Comment

18k will be able cool a 600w open wing. Just make sure you have a lot of air blowing around with the ocolatijg fans.
        if you are going with AC then I have to ask, how do you plan on suplimenting the co2 inside the sealed room?
        4x4 600w HID empty for summer
        3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
        2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
        running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

If I was u, I’d go with the aircooled hoods. Buy a bigger inline fan, it will be quieter. Use phonictrap ducting, it will decrease the noise of airflow. You will be able to use your co2 supply.

Your decision really should depend on the outside temperature in your area.

Comment

Look at the Cloudline T-6....superior noise control over the conventional exhaust fans. Used with 6” of 25’ duct and two sun systems blockbuster hoods in series....temp never over 79-80...quiet enough that with 14 people running around, no one heard it running. Vented out thru a 6” clothes dryer vent with flap. $139 with remote controller but so worth the peace and quiet. Set it on a timer when the lights ran so it was 18/6 and then 12/12

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X