Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

atu grow # 9 (number 9, number 9, number 9...)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice recovery atu they look amazing now any time you want to build a grow room let me know Ill throw tools ,birds, my honey in RV and well show up lol i,m liking your new nutes going to have to check them out . oh and if you ever doubt how clean your grow area is ill send a picture of mine lol
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      oldjarhead100 That's the joy of these grow boxes: they turn ANY room into a grow room.

However, anytime you and your honey and the birds are in my neck of the woods, you know you're welcome. I'd love to see y'all!!

Clean grow rooms, hahahahaha!! You should see my hardwood floor in my grow room. I forgot to close a spigot and spilled around 6-7 gallons of water. Most of it seeped under, but that was not a fun cleanup. And my floor shows the trauma!!!

Ola Alltatup. Allow me to say my point of view on your current cycle. I noticed that you are using the lts technique, it requires a lot of patience and time. In my inexperience I have noticed to get better results with this technique.
    by Nebula Haze Table of Contents Intro: What is Main-Lining Cannabis? Ultra-Quick Guide to Building a Manifold

From what you know you're still in time to do it. 2Cents

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      I haven't manifolded yet; I really like LST and topping. They have worked very well for my grow space.

No, manifolding wouldn't be possible now; there are too many trained bud sites already cropping up.

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      ATU look into it it will give you a bunch of kolas on a short plant ,veg is a little longer to do the training , I have been looking into fluxing and plan on doing it next grow ,I have plants in veg that are kinda fluxed (Oh ok it was an accident lol) .I trimmed one up and counted the kolas 32 now if they all become 18 inches tall I'll be one happy camper lol

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      oldjarhead100 I don't really see any need for manifolding my plants. Right now with LST and topping, the plants are full of bud sites. I think the plants grow faster without the severe initial cutting required in manifolding, but still require the right amount of time to allow all the bud sites to develop.

Just writing to myself, listen in if you want...

Switch to 12/12: In the middle of 30 hours of darkness in grow boxes. Yesterday it just hit me that it was time to flip to flower. They were so ready, some (more Sativa) stretching quickly every day (which I couldn't allow to continue or they'd out grow my box), and some (more Indica) so dense with thickly huge--no wimpy leaves these--, 9 finger leaves and bud sites all crammed together. It's really fascinating to watch the two boxes, one Sativa-strong hybrids and the other Indica-strong hybrids, and just observe the growing patterns of each group.

Growth patterns: After last reservoir change on Saturday, the Sativa girls started quicker stretching each day. I was adjusting the LST sometimes twice a day, the newest internode would stretch out and I'd move the tie down up higher. I broke one big stem but not completely off, and I quickly applied first aid and bandaged her back together. She was fine in the afternoon, but no way was I gonna try to train her again, and she was the tallest one. So I bow to the plants' wisdom and switch them to 12/12.

Death of WW: I removed White Widow on Sunday and put her in the wood stove, where she fragrantly burned on her pyre. Jack Herer (definitely showing Indica-dominant characteristics so far, and so is C99) is going to move into part of the space from the rear, and C99 will will come from beside. Once they really start stretching.

I've spent a good amount of time with these girls, doing the training, and I've missed not seeing them today!! I cannot wait to see them in the morning, don't know if I'll be able to sleep. Will also take measurements of each plants' height so I can record the stretch. I'm excited to do that for the first time.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Keep up the great job, Sis.

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      Weed PHarma uses a stick to see growth , simple and if measurements are on stick even better lol

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks my brothas.

Lights back on this morning; they liked the darkness. Growth is strong. Life is good.

Stay warm, all my friends wherever it's freezing!!!

LED box
    Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	1.88 MB
ID:	287813

HID box

Name:	
Size:	1.83 MB
ID:	287814
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      what are you using for nutes they look great

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      oldjarhead100 Future Harvest in Canada.

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm going to look them up ,so this will make you smile ,kids had a two hour delay for school reason it was -8 to start the day yikes , I went out to feed and water the chickens and that was it didn't go out again ,Delaneys mom wanted to bring her to school so I happily agreed lol next week its supposed to be in the 40/50 range

12/12 Transition week: Pics are from Jan 25 and Feb 3.

HID box:

Name:	
Size:	1.91 MB
ID:	288979Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	2.26 MB
ID:	288977

LED box: WW will be missed, but we will see her incarnation again soon.

Name:	
Size:	1.64 MB
ID:	288980Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	2.31 MB
ID:	288978

Comment

• Sallisawjim
      Sallisawjim commented
      Editing a comment
      They look awesome. Hope you see lots of goodness come from these babies!!!!

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      PaganRich Toad in the hole???? we need a description lol this I have to know ATU you girls look awesome

• PaganRich
      PaganRich commented
      Editing a comment
      oldjarhead100 Man, you guys have not lived if you haven`t tried this...Toad in the hole or Sausage Toad is a traditional English[1] and Scottish[2] dish consisting of sausages in Yorkshire pudding batter, usually served with onion gravy and vegetables.[3] Historically, the dish has also been prepared using other meats, such as rump steak and lamb's kidney.........I love anything involving Yorkshire Puds mate

Ola Alltatup known that your girls have recovered great. You said that you are using as a plant training technique with lts. I am not seeing this technique here. I advise you to go and open those branches and remove all the leaves that are in the back part of the branch. I try to explain better, when you bend a branch all the leaves and the gem sites that look down should be removed. 2Cents

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Famine I have removed quite a few leaves and opened up the middle. I don't want to remove all the large leaves at this point, shock the plants and stunt the growth. The bud sites are all open to the light, and I continue LST. This is the tutorial I am following: https://www.growweedeasy.com/low-stress-training-lst

Alltatup, mine are not critical, but you're doing a great job. I want you to put the icing on the cake. As I told you I would open the branches more, I noticed that you have space to do it. If you open the branches more you will see that some leaves are pointing downwards. These leaves in turn will turn upward by obscuring gem sites. For this they must be eliminated, they are just a supply of food. I'm not telling you to do it, I just gave you an explanation.

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      I hear you. I know that the more bud sites exposed to light during the 3 weeks of stretching, the bigger they will get. I like a lot of leaves to power the stretch, and my bud sites are exposed. When I see leaves blocking bud sites or sweating on each other, I remove them.

you know I usually trim as they go into bloom I think i will wait until stretch is done that makes alot of sense, The girls ready to go in just need the girls in bloom to finish lol
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

End of transition week 1:

I'm training every day and super-cropping a bit. Great contrasting colors of the dark green largest fan leaves and the new bud site growth (electric green).

They drank a lot of water this week; I had to add coupla gallons twice to each reservoir this week. So they sucked in all the nutes and drank a lot of water for the rest of the week.

I now understand that LST will keep hybrids shorter and that a longer veg period is a good thing. I think I've had a fear of plants outgrowing the grow box since I grew the monster Sativa, but it's not going to happen. On most previous grows I switched them to flower after week 4 without measuring their height at the switch. I've been recording all that info, plus re-reading defoliation and LST tutorials. I think I'm understanding various factors better.
      Conclusions:
      1. A longer veg pd. is much better for the plants.
      2. correction here feb 10: I did do consistent LST with the girls after I topped. I don't know why I thought I didn't...such a stoner...

I could have left the LED box in veg for another week or pehaps two. I'm not so sure about the HID box, but it prolly could have handled another week of veg.

I'm getting better at allowing more bud sites to emerge in the middle of the plant, so I'm seeing a lot more than on previous grows. I hope they will all fit without over-crowding the space. I'm going for that air flow around each cola.

My flat tops are there on some plants, and I'm keeping the taller growth on other plants out of the way of all the bud sites coming up. It takes a good amount of time each morning to do some tie down, some bending and distribution of colas. Lots of leaf tucking and a little defol. More defol. at the beginning of this past week.

My flower counting is different on this grow: I'm not calling it flower until I see the whites of their pistils. So this is not week 1 flower. Learning continues, a deeper understanding of what we are doing together, the girls and I.

LED box Feb 3 and today:
      Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	2 Size:	2.31 MB ID:	290103Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	1.97 MB ID:	290102

HID box Feb 3 and today:
      Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	2 Size:	2.26 MB ID:	290104Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	2.70 MB ID:	290105
      Last edited by alltatup; 02-10-2019, 06:52 AM. Reason: Correct some erroneous info

Comment

• Doubledealing72
        Doubledealing72 commented
        Editing a comment
        Dang, those girls are rocking ATU!

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        We be rockin the casbah...

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        they really filled out wow looking great as usual

Well, well Alltatup you're doing a good manicure job

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Famine Thanks!! I'm learning to do it better!!! ;-}

Beautiful plants alltatup - great and concise write-up, any one of us stoners could understand what you are doing and why. All those bud sites in the middle will shoot up after your flip.. Should be a nice canopy. Thanks for keeping us informed.
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Canuck147 Thanks!! I done flipped 1.5 weeks ago. The stretch is on!!!
        Last edited by alltatup; 02-08-2019, 02:59 PM.

• LurkingInTheGrass
        LurkingInTheGrass commented
        Editing a comment
        Im curious to know, how your Royal Gorilla is stretching?

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        LurkingInTheGrass She isn't stretching like the Chemdawg and the Amnes. Haze; she's front left in the HID box. She could have used another week or so of veg...

WOW...they really look great... nice feeling from your earlier notes , huh? This wreaks of success

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Cannabis is such a strong plant if you know how to rectify mistakes. I've saved plants from the brink of disaster before, so I have great faith in them. Now I'm a much better ally.

alltatup Them be som purdy ladies! Nice work.
      Setup
      4’x4’x6.6’
      600W MH
      2x innova 19w full spec led
      175cfm fan, can 33 filter
      8gal DIY reservoir/ hydro system

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks brotha!

DEFOLIATION Famine this one is for you ;-}

Sun Feb 10 Day 12 of 12/12: As I watch the girls on a daily basis, I learn a lot. The communication gets set up: I observe and they show me what they need. I see them more clearly because I understand their structure so much better now. For example, I'm watching the bud sites because I want to see the moment when bud sites begin.

I sit and watch at the plant for a while in order to figure out exactly what she needs: do I supercrop a little, how many leaves can I pinch? Which colas should get tied down going in this direction? How do I expose this bud site? Can I tuck or will it start sweating, which I can't have? Pinch it.

As I wrote above I've spent time every day training and dealing with leaves. At the beginning of last week, I removed a lot of leaves, and the rest of the week, I steadily removed leaves which were sweating on other leaves or blocking bud sites. Based on these principles, I did not always stick to the largest leaves in some cases, to open up the interior canopy.

So I didn't exactly follow Neb's tutorial: Instead of a concentrated defol right before switch to 12/12, I started gradually to remove leaves as needed. Where I saw bud sites growing vertically, I let them have light. So I've created more bud sites than before I keep thinking about Nebula explaining how bud sites exposed to light early on in stretch will grow longer, fatter buds, so... we shall see.

What I didn't do, as I partially explained above, was to prepare the plants as completely as I could have for the switch to flower. A lot more LST would have set me up for the table top; the plants could have vegged another week and been a bit taller; that extra week would have made a significant difference for Jack Herer and Cindy 99 in LED box, who indeed did bounce back from the old nutes crisis, but still could have picked up a bit more steam. I understand this now as a series of interrelationships between causes and effects...

I hope I don't have to remove colas to keep enough air flow. I'm observing them closely, trying to determine what will work and what won't. I'm just going to have to wait another 10-14 days for the plants to manifest the next phase of growth. And, of course, all will become much clearer when I remove the long-stemmed fan leaves after week 3.

They are on day 12 of 12/12, around halfway through stretch.

LED box, badazz and C99:
      Click image for larger version  Name:	badazz feb10.JPG Views:	1 Size:	2.30 MB ID:	290695Click image for larger version  Name:	C99 feb10.JPG Views:	1 Size:	2.77 MB ID:	290696

HID, gorilla and chemdg:

Click image for larger version  Name:	gorilla feb10.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.47 MB ID:	290697Click image for larger version  Name:	chemdg feb10.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.95 MB ID:	290698
      Last edited by alltatup; 02-17-2019, 03:24 AM.

Comment

Certainly I’m no pro but I did this with my first set based on some pictures DAAS69 saw of my plants. He identified these sites and made me aware of this. Did not know exactly what it all meant but nearly 4 lbs of dry harvest later, he was right on the mark. Once again, thank you DAAS69... oh yeah...thank you

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X