No announcement yet.

Containers, indica/sativa, supercropping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My protestations have ended. I acquiesce. No one is being an ass. Black pots are happening. The clear potted will be adopted by another who uses smart pots and a 1000 watt HPS. When I start cloning, you won't see a clear container in the house.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome to the forum Gingerbeard I look forward to watching you grow which ever way you choose to.

Look at the roots is why? I much prefer to look at tall, bushy colas that stink up my house - well other people say it smells, not to me.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

I just read on another forum that roots at the stem base will harden and grow a protective outer layer. http://boards.cannabis.com/threads/r...e-dirt.213812/

Of course, that's a separate issue, because Ginger's roots are the little delicate new growth ones. As a hydroponic grower, I've experienced the problems that can arise from light leaks into the reservoir--but again, that's a separate issue and growing medium. And there may be some confusion based on hydroponic requirements that don't apply to soil...???

Air + soil+ light + water = algae. One problem that you may encounter is algae growth. That can't be good for roots. But as I scour the internet, I see that lots of folks say to avoid clear pots but don't say why--except for the algae or mold that may arise.
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

I started with clear pots once and noticed that when the roots got out to the sides about half of them started to turn green_ like ones that emerge from the trunk as it comes out of the ground/medium. Freaked me a bit so I wrapped the pots with duct tape and everything was fine. Sealed em up light tight. But then I couldn't see the roots anymore... so who knows what really happened_ except the plants came out great.
        I'm still using the planters with the duct tape and no problems. Happy growing!
        Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
        liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

Oh, the peer pressure. I'm reformed, I swear. Smart pots are not currently in my minor pantheon of planned potting.
          There is pearlite in the soil. Not loads. The transplants are going into Black Magic soil.
          More elephant!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Hahaha, you're funny. Fortunately, this isn't high school: this is the school of hard nugs. We all like you even if you are the clear pot nerd. ;-}

In pre-germination planning I looked at using Epsom salts and hydrogen peroxide when watering. Magnesium sulfate for greening, growth, and flowering. This has been replaced with GO's CaMg. Hydrogen peroxide adds oxygen. HP is also good for destroying mold and algae and fungus and junk. I'm sure it's pretty bad for any of the beneficial microorganism. I've tried the mix on other plants and have had good results.
          More elephant!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6

Comment

They make some HUGE smart pots too_ 50-100 gallon ones_ huge plants!
            liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

DANG! fork lift ?....heck...you'd need a cat to move those babies!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X