Ceramic Heat Emitter for Reptiles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ceramic Heat Emitter for Reptiles

I've got a few questions about using a ceramic heat emitter light bulb (although it doesn't produce any light humans can see). The only reason I'm trying to use this is my basement maintains about 58-62F degrees, which is too cold. I'm using a 600watt LED grow light, but that only increases the temperature of my grow tent by 2-3F degrees. I've found with this bulb I can maintain a nice 74F if I run it 24/7.

This is the bulb I purchased: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0774RLF54/
    And here's the lamp: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003H200QC/

1. Is this safe to run constantly? I know people who use it for reptiles run it 24/7.
    2. Can plants see the light, or is it fine to run at night time? If I don't run it at night, the temps will drop back to ~60F.

Thank you all in advance!
    VIVOSUN 36"x20"x62" grow tent
    MARS HYDRO TS 1000W LED
    Advanced Nutrients Bloom, Micro & Grow
    Mother Earth coco coir

I found a fan at Wal-Mart that heats also its great run it from outside the tent with duct work its hot air blowing in should do the trick

Comment

Has to b outside though it has could that will turn red.

Comment

Lol coils I mean

Comment

Something like that will be my next option. Current the ceramic bulb is working great since it doesn't glow, however a few sites say it does produce an infrared light that we cannot see. It's hard searching for, since it doesn't seem like a common thing people are doing.

I'm currently only in the early stages of growing (seedling/vegetative) so I can risk the chance it's producing light I cannot see when it's night time for them.
          VIVOSUN 36"x20"x62" grow tent
          MARS HYDRO TS 1000W LED
          Advanced Nutrients Bloom, Micro & Grow
          Mother Earth coco coir

Comment

Good luck hope it works out

Comment

During flower, you may have to put it on the same timer as the lights, which will give you lower night time temps (acceptable plant stress) 😁

Comment

From Amazon page "...Ceramic heat lamp is the perfect 24 hour heat source for all reptiles."

so you can run it 24/0, until you decide you can't 😁

Amazn page also said infrared
                there was another thread, somebody was talking about using infrared (I think) to stimulate trichome development

Comment

Yea lurking it was me l used 2, 50 watt uva - uvb reptile lights for the last cupple weeks of my grow. It worked and produced some nice risen? But at cost of slowing down the final yeald a bit. I only put them on for 15 min. Every two hours it’s like giving the plant a sunburn and to protect itself it produces more trichomes 😎 but to much can hurt it as well, moderation is the key.

Comment

Ceramic infrared emitters are in the 2-10 micron range of wavelength. That's 2,000 to 10,000nm. Phytochrome (Fr) only absorbs to just slightly beyond 800nm. So, no your plants can't see it.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X