Recirculating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recirculating?

Hello. I’ve set up the DWC system that Ms Nebula has in her tutorial (10 gal container, 5 gal water, air stones,etc). I’m using GH Flora Trio and their feeding charts are for “recirculating” or “drain to waste”. Is the aforementioned Nebula setup “recirculating”? The definition throws me.
    Secondly, I’m growing an Auto. The feed charts seem designed for photo period types. How do I determine the level of nutrients: by age or growth stage? (which can be tricky to do, I’m told)
    Thank you.

It’s recirculating. That just means the roots are submerged in water that recirculates through out your DWC system.
    I have never grown an auto, but am fairly sure they take the same amount of nutrients as a photoperoid plant would.
    Just start out small...like 1/2 or even 1/4 strath recommended in the feed chart...slowly increase the dosage as the plant grows taller and watch her reactions to the increases. Oh yeah...you typically don’t want to start feeding until after a few weeks of growth. I wait until when the plant has established some nodes, leafs, and maybe a few branches before I feed any liquid nutes.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Yes I'm having a problem I have a plant which is about 3 ft very bushy branching but will not bloom I've had on 12/12 schedule for 4 weeks and still no bud is a female plant I've been growing marijuana for 30 years never seen anything like it strange thing with it is it only has five some five finger leaves and some mostly three finger leaves.

Comment

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounds like 1 of 2 things.
        Light leak.... or light switch malfunction.
        I had a timer malfunction on me and I struggled with this same thing. Until one day... bam, light came on during scheduled lights out. I was actually happy I was there to catch that. Otherwise, who knows how long it would have taken me to figure that out through troubleshooting my entire garden.

• ZigZag
        ZigZag commented
        Editing a comment
        If its in the same room with others its probably not a light issue but if its a loner by itself then that sounds like the problem. I had the same problem as Toker1 once_ my timer was in the back and something must have fallen on the timer and pushed one of the buttons down during the lights out period. I didn't know this until I was in the room in the dark and the lights came on while I was dumping the dehumidifier! This seemed to put them about 2 weeks behind. But I've also had a plant that didn't start getting budlets until its 5th week into 12/12_ it was a Sativa that had very long branches and was very bushy and large. Maybe if its not the lights then she'll start maturing faster soon, cheers and good luck with the grow!

Starting to think seed companies sold me some bogus seed it's probably hemp damn seedsman

Comment

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        It’s strange because hemp blooms flower too.

• Potted
        Potted commented
        Editing a comment
        It’s got to b some kind of lighting malfunction

PapaJoe

check with the breeders description.
      I have some autos that the breeder recommends 'minimal nutrients'

Comment

Thanks, LurkingInTheGrass. I would expect the GH people to put a feeding schedule for Autos due to increased popularity.

Comment

• furrysparkle
          furrysparkle commented
          Editing a comment
          Autos are the same as photos with only one difference, they flower based on an internal chemical clock. Just switch to bloom nutrients once you see pistils.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X