Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Limited to 4 plants. Continuous harvest 2s or 4 sequentially?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limited to 4 plants. Continuous harvest 2s or 4 sequentially?

Hi everyone, I’m in an area where it is legal to grow 4 plants per household. I’d like to get the best yield possible within those limitations. I’m wondering if a perpetual harvest of 2 plants would yield ‘significantly’ more than 4 plants together from seedling to harvest.
    Method: Bubbleponics, 600 watts (true draw) of cobb LEDs, feminized seeds
    Option 1: Small Veg tent, for 2 plants to veg for 6-8 weeks using manifolding/mainlining until ready to transfer to the 4 x 4 tent when it is freed up.
    Meanwhile in the 4x4 tent, 2 plants are flowering for 8-10 weeks. Those plants would have been manifolded and SCROGd (necessary if manifold?) to get the most of the space and the light. Essentially harvesting 2 plants ever 8-10 weeks and then taking the plants in veg and putting in the 4x4 tent.
    Option 2: from seedling to harvest 4 plants in the 4x4 tent, harvesting 4 plants every 3-4 months.
    My thought is that 2 plants in a 4x4 yields more than half of the 4 plants do in the 4x4.
    What do you pros think? Will 2 plants in a 4x4 produce almost as much as 4 plants in a 4x4?

Wow,4 in a 4-4’ tent seams a little over the top to me, ‘‘tis going to be a challenging to say the least, like riding the subway at rush hour. “TIGHT” if u choose
    ​​​​to do that. Luck goes with u.....

Comment

Depending on the height of the tent, doing a two plant perpetual harvest will yield generously.

Comment

Consider 1 tent and grow perpetual autos.
        One plant harvested and replaced immediately, matters not when they ripen as the light schedule can stay the same.
        It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
        http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

With a 4x4 tent I would grow 4 autoflowers at a time - have 4 more going in your other tent .

Mostly autoflowers ripen for harvest -100 days from seed - say 90 days. First harvest in 90 days, while 4 more have been out of the ground
          ​​​​​for a month in your other tent - so your second harvest will be 60 days from your first.
          ​​​​​​
          4 more happening a month each time in the veg tent and you will have a perpetual harvest every 2 months - depending on the lighting - and lots of tricks - 150 grams per plant. 600 grams every 2 months.

​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
          Mars Hydro
          Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Man, you are going to get a lot of answers 😁

Have you narrowed down your strain choices or still open? That could also influence your garden plan (treatment/recreation, yield, plant size, time to flower)

definitely go with feminized seeds.

good luck, you are in the right places.

And, since you asked 😁

assuming, of course, it's your first legal grow (just like mine 😁)

run 4 autos in the 4×4, learn to train them on the fly
            (accidentally) start 1 or 2 photoperiods in the small tent - so you can play with them. Get a feel for manipulating them.
            You can learn to fill the 4×4 with one plant, if you want to. It will take time, the right strain, time and patience and more time, did I mention the time? 😁

Comment

Originally posted by LurkingInTheGrass View Post
              Man, you are going to get a lot of answers 😁

Have you narrowed down your strain choices or still open? That could also influence your garden plan (treatment/recreation, yield, plant size, time to flower)

definitely go with feminized seeds.

good luck, you are in the right places.

And, since you asked 😁

assuming, of course, it's your first legal grow (just like mine 😁)

run 4 autos in the 4×4, learn to train them on the fly
              (accidentally) start 1 or 2 photoperiods in the small tent - so you can play with them. Get a feel for manipulating them.
              You can learn to fill the 4×4 with one plant, if you want to. It will take time, the right strain, time and patience and more time, did I mention the time? 😁
              Thanks, I think I will use feminized seeds. I would veg 2 of them while cropping in the small tent so they are ready to go big in the big tent. Meanwhile in the big tent I will flower the other 2 plants. When I harvest, small tent plants move to big tent, two new babies get planted in the little one.

By the sounds of the other posters above (thanks everyone), you can grow 2 plants to fill a 4x4.

It would also be easier if they defined what 4 plants are. Some places it's "mature plant", some flowering, some anything with roots.

Comment

• LurkingInTheGrass
                LurkingInTheGrass commented
                Editing a comment
                Agreed, some definitions are lacking

• Rwise
                Rwise commented
                Editing a comment
                I agree, more meaningful definitions need to be in place. I am allowed 6 "mature" plants and 6 "juveniles", I am taking the meaning of this to be 6 plants that are flowering, and 6 plants that are in veg, and thats how I am planing my grow!

If you're growing for your own consumption, get four autos going in your 4x4. After that harvest you'll have all the weed you need to stay happy, then you can get as creative as all getout. As far as growing space, hasn't Nebulas weekly news letter recently been about 8 autos in a 2x4 yielding a Lb.? Practice and experience....study and learn.

Comment

• LurkingInTheGrass
                LurkingInTheGrass commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you, off to my spam folder for the newsletter 😁

I blame the IT guy

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X