Political BS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Political BS

On December 6th, Michigan finally went legal for recreational smoking/growing. Before the law was even implemented, some lawmakers wanted to take away the privilege to grow in our home.

An argument I have read from that side said that people "can't brew their own beer or liquor, so why should they be able to grow their own weed?"

Ummm....

No.

People actually can and do brew their own alcohol at their home.

The good news is that they would need a supermajority vote from both the house and the Senate to enact this amendment to the new law, so it will most likely not pass. It just amazes me that they were that quick to take something away from the people before it even became official.

The people have spoken. We want to grow in our homes without the fear of getting in trouble. Just let us grow a plant or 12 man....

Quadlining

Past Grows

Since we went medical, many cities have and are trying to control things like where it can be sold, grown etc.. Law suites are immediately filed, some have backed off, others are ready to fight. I know the laws will evolve as right now there is nothing about where it can be grown, really the only rule I have found, is in another section, we need to keep it out of the reach of children, my garden has a new taller fence.

BTW I brew my own beer and wine, I want a still so I can make my own brandy and other harder spirits. The exhaust will be given to the ladies! There are limits on the hard spirits, but add an oil drip to it and its home made fuel!

Comment

Legal in all states. Individual states remain free to restrict or prohibit the manufacture of beer, mead, hard cider, wine and other fermented alcoholic beverages at home. Until 2013, Alabama and Mississippi were the only states with laws prohibiting the homebrewing of beer. Their argument has not basis.

However, distilling at home is a little bit of a discussion that may be able to support parts of the argument, but that, as you pointed out would have no public support at all.

Home Distilling. While individuals of legal drinking age may produce wine or beer at home for personal or family use, Federal law strictly prohibits individuals from producing distilled spirits at home (see 26 United States Code (U.S.C.) 5042(a)(2) and 5053(e)).

As a side note, Distilling essential oils uses some of the exact same equipment that a good copper still would, even sell it on amazon :-)
      Wiki reference copied and pasted is reason for all the bold crud
      Last edited by RagWeedDWC; 12-10-2018, 07:25 AM. Reason: Copy paste bold
      Proving the world just needs more tumble weeds
      A tale of two seeds
      Batter Up Sour Deisel
      Batter up! Amnesia Haze Autoflower
      New Year, New Grow, Jack Herer DWC
      Batter up, Girl Scout Cookies extreme auto (GSCE)

Comment

It won’t matter as long as there’s profit to be made.thay will find away to prevent me from growing. It happening here in Jersey. 🖕 them. GWE 😎

Comment

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          A year ago I was planing on moving out of this backward ass state (Oklahoma) and then it happened, we the people got it to the ballet and voted it in! They have brought in about $8,000,000 so far, and most of that will recycle every year as growers have to re-up every year to the tune of $2500 per year! (does not include other needed licenses, insurance etc etc etc), so where is the profit in keeping it illegal?

I'm just following an old family tradition :-)
        Proving the world just needs more tumble weeds
        A tale of two seeds
        Batter Up Sour Deisel
        Batter up! Amnesia Haze Autoflower
        New Year, New Grow, Jack Herer DWC
        Batter up, Girl Scout Cookies extreme auto (GSCE)

Comment

We as the majority of the populace are not REPRESENTED. It is the few who are represented, and whatever greases their wheels or toots their horns is what we are mandated to live by!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X