Think I have a Hermie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think I have a Hermie

I'm about 90% certain one of my ladies has sprouted a couple nanners. I'm just seeing 2 buds that looks suspicious. I'm 5wks in now and my question is can I just take out those 2 offenders or should I take out the whole plant? Its my best plant and it represents more than 1/4 of the grow.

Pics would help

Comment

Yeah I know pics would help. But I don't have anything I can take a picture with that small that would post. I've had hermies before and like I said I'm 90% certain this is one. Lest just say it is one on a couple of buds. take out the buds and keep an eye on it or take out the plant?

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        I would keep the plant unless they get out of control. But be certain if you found a couple there are a few you didn’t find

Hey!
      If you remove 2 buds, then a high probability that the whole plant will die, it is better not to risk it, but try to find the cause of this problem and solve it.

Comment

It will not kill the plant to take a couple or even more buds off of it. Agree with you 9fingerleafs. I'll look the plant over good tonight when the lights come back on if I find more than a few she's out of there and I'll just have to bite the bullet. My timer screwed up on me last week and went to 24/7. Not sure how many days it was like that. The lights are always on when I'm in the grow room in the evening after work and are off in he early morning before I go to work. The grow room is not in the house where I can constantly monitor it

Comment

What you do here depends, do you have another place it can go (somewhere it will not fertilize the others), and do you want seed from it (and/or the others)? If not then you can certainly take buds from it (I dont use scissors), you can pull it, take all the mature buds and reveg if its photo, lots of options.

Comment

Howdy cardshooter, Don't panic, I have been growing plants with nanners on them. My experience has been that they do not produce as many seeds as a regularly pollinated plant (male/female pollination) and what seeds that are produced are female. I am on the third 'hermie' grow now, the last grow yielded 12.82 oz. of bud and the current grow is doing well, just switched to 12/12. I have not purchased seeds thru the mail (I'm very paranoid!) and started growing with old bag seed that I had saved over the years. The only problem has been, even with a lower amount of seeds produced, I already have enough seed stock to last into 2045 or longer!
            Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• cardshooter
              cardshooter commented
              Editing a comment
              Howdy DW2. My best grow ever came from some of my hermie seed. It was a pure indica and what ever that both hermied. Took the seeds off of the indica. Found one bud with seed in that grow. Other than maybe messing up the other plants. Would not mind some seed off of this one. I've not seen buds this colorful or so tight in one of my grows

I'm sure some hermies can come out with decent potency. But with my hermie experience I will never finish out a hermie plant. It was horrible. I took the best care of it I could and even sprayed mist around a few times and pulled off as many nanners as I could find but like was already said you wont get them all. I harvested about 5 ounces of useless tastless hay.

Comment

Yes you can. If you have a pair of tweezers, just pluck the nanners out of there. You may end up with a few seeds. So what? Some of the best weed I ever smoked came from a hermied plant.

Comment

• cardshooter
                cardshooter commented
                Editing a comment
                Treachery and old age will overcome youth and skill. That's a keeper!!! Problem with youth they can't get their damn heads away from the electronics to get much skill. As my dear departed Grandad use to say Youth is wasted on the young.

Very much appreciate all the comments. Gave the buds a "chopacockoffame" Thanks kingfish. Will see what happens.. Would not mind some seed from this plant I've never seen anything like it in my grows. Wish I had some way to get a good picture to post. It would make a High Times center fold LMAO

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X