Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ready to top?

Greetings all!

Looks like a great place full of great people and ideas and I'm happy to have the resource.

Simple question. This is my first grow. I invested in a tent and equipment for a hydroponic grow of 2 seeds gifted to me - a Blue Dream auto and a Jock Horror auto. Slight mishap with the Jock Horror and that plant won't be happening. The Blue Dream on the other hand is doing quite well. Here she is at the end of week 2.

See the attachment at the bottom for a short video that might be informative.

If anybody knows how to embed video in these posts, please let me know.

My plan is to top and mainline this plant. At this stage, I'm counting what would appear to be enough nodes to top the plant and start getting it set up to mainline. Here is what I'm seeing:

Click image for larger version

Name:	BD week 2 nodes.png
Views:	183
Size:	2.96 MB
ID:	274317

Here is how I count these nodes. Given that this is my first plant, I'm interested in a second opinion as to whether it is time to top or not.

Name:	BD week 2 nodes annotated.png
Views:	186
Size:	2.95 MB
ID:	274318

Opinions appreciate. I'm new to this, so be kind. I've done a lot of reading about this, but I'm still hesitant to cut for fear of screwing this up. Is it time to top?

I would be happy to provide more info about the situation, just ask.

Thanks!
    Third grow - Northern Lights and Red Cheese (Southern Oregon Seeds) , ​​​​DWC hydro

I would cut just above the second line from the top. Tie those top two down,being careful to get the two small growths tied down with them, and defoliate everything below it.

Comment

I think you should go easy on the training specially because it’s an auto and it’s your first grow, I’d say go ahead and top and then let her do her thing and focus on maintaining the right environment and learning about the plant itself. You are doing great by the way, it’s going to be a great run I’m sure. Wish you the best

Comment

• madams9
        madams9 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks to you and Primo above. I'm probably going to top it tonight. From there I'll likely just let it go and see where it goes. This seed was given to me and I was under the impression that it would grow to 6 feet or so.

Now, I'm pretty sure it's going to grow more like an indica, in which case plans to top and train are just not appropriate.

I appreciate the guidance and support guys!

Don’t mainline an auto bro. Do a little more reading..
      “Pounds of weed. Sour D. That medical for my allergies.” - Juicy J

Second Grow:

Sweet Tooth Autos (4)
      192w t5 (veg) 400w HPS (flwr) 24/0hr
      3 Gal Smart Pots
      FoxFarm Trio
      +Open Sesame
      +Cha-Chang
      +CaliMagic

First grow:

150w hps hydro grow (DIY)

Current Grow:

(1) new420guy Black Domina and P98 Bubba Kush
      192w t5
      Rapid Rooter/Jiffy-Pot/5 Gal Smart Pot
      FF BushDoctor Coco-Loco
      FF Nutrient Trio + CaliMagic

Comment

Mainlining an auto should have been started from the beginning and you have very little time before it flowers, at this point.

Top it at the 5th node and then let it grow unmolested as plants love consistency.
        It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
        http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

Originally posted by Juicyj89 View Post
          Don’t mainline an auto bro. Do a little more reading..
          Autos can be treated just like photoperiodic plants. Trouble is, autos have such a short life cycle that they can't recover from the topping /training before they start to flower. I've read plenty but thanks for the attention.
          Third grow - Northern Lights and Red Cheese (Southern Oregon Seeds) , ​​​​DWC hydro

Comment

• Juicyj89
            Juicyj89 commented
            Editing a comment
            So are you still going to main line??

• Juicyj89
            Juicyj89 commented
            Editing a comment
            Because main lining literally adds weeks to your grow. That’s all you have is weeks with an auto. So it would definitely effect basically everything. Just my 2 cents. Do what you want tho! 😊

Originally posted by Weed Pharma View Post
          Mainlining an auto should have been started from the beginning and you have very little time before it flowers, at this point.

Top it at the 5th node and then let it grow unmolested as plants love consistency.
          Yeah, that's pretty much where I'm coming down on this. Thanks for the inputinput. I appreciate it.

Comment

I'm not going to mess with this one. Not much anyway.

I did top it, however

Click image for larger version  Name:	20181210_213138.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.69 MB ID:	274921

Looks okay.

Name:	20181210_213205.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	1.98 MB
ID:	274925

Name:	20181210_213431.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	2.00 MB
ID:	274926

I checked this morning and all was well. I'll have a closer look tonight.

Last edited by madams9; 12-11-2018, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X