Northern lights 1st grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Afternoon all , I have a quick question - do you Erin the big leaves in order to let light into the rest of plant? I have a few massive leaves that are taking up most of the light, I did read somewhere not to trim so was after some advise please

Comment

Many thanks bud

Comment

While I by no means have the experience of others, looks to me you are a bit early to be thinking of defoliation.
      jmho,
      all the best and good luck.
      "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

It’s in week 3 of veg atm and there are two fan leaves bigger than my hand that block all the light , I am basically a complete noob when it comes to growing anything let alone this difficult plant lol

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi simon, I know I'm a bit late to the message, but try to TUCK the leaves if you can.

Comment

• KenneyHo
          KenneyHo commented
          Editing a comment
          Northern Light will stay short and bushy during early veg. I’d let it go a little longer.

simonreed

are you doing any plant training? lets you get the most return out of your plant, light and space

Get a summary of all the most common plant training techniques that growers use to increase their cannabis yields indoors!

Comment

I was looking into maybe thinning out the plant and doing some bending in a hope to keep buds same hieght , I have also taken out the middle of plant to make two mains if that correct

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            So you topped it, which will help all the lower bud sites to grow out.

Comment

I have removed a few leaves now to let some light in and done a little tiring down to open up the plant, let’s see how the little fella dose

Comment

Hey lads , just a quick update , plant is looking really healthy so far so good for a noob that kills most plants I touch, I have done a little tieing backand now switched to 12/12 in the last few days, I’ve managed to keep nutrients tank at a constant 6ph , but humidity when lights are off dose shoot up to around 55%, is there anyway I can reduce this without buying a dehumifier?

Comment

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                Simon, this ain't no cheap hobby. Here's how I see it: we go to all the trouble and expense of setting up a grow space, but if you can't control temperature, humidity and light, then problems may develop. What you don't want are two leaves stuck together with water from humidity.

You may have to have a dehumidifier during flowering because you certainly do not want mouldy buds. All time + money wasted.

Comment

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                She is looking absolutely gorgeous! I just harvested Royal Queen Seeds Northern Light in November, vaping it now. Some of the strongest bud I've grown.

I’m running a 600w hps at the mo , what wattage would anyone recommend for my next grow of two plants?

Comment

• LurkingInTheGrass
                LurkingInTheGrass commented
                Editing a comment
                what is it you are hoping to gain, by changing your wattage?

• D.A.A.S.69
                D.A.A.S.69 commented
                Editing a comment
                A 600watt hid, the same as you are using, they are pretty much the gold
                standard
                HappyGrowing
                That one light is plenty.

At the moment I just have the one plant so was told 600w is a little over kill

Comment

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                I think you're right there. Why waste the light? Those bulbs are expensive. (I use 400w HPS in one of my grow boxes.)

• LurkingInTheGrass
                LurkingInTheGrass commented
                Editing a comment
                LOL

I understand now. over kill - you are making (paying for) way more light, than you are using.

depends on your grow style

if you want to grow 1 plant under 1 light, maybe a 2' square - find a nice COB
                2 plants, maybe 2x3.5-4 rectangle - you can find LEDs (and COBs) with that kind of footprint

you certainly can grow 1 or 2 plants under your 600W - it just (easily) covers a 4x4 or 5x5 space.
                if you do only grow 1 or 2 - you can train them into absolute monsters

many thanks lads , everyone has been really helpful in here , I’ve learnt a lot so far , haven’t done much training this time , a little tieing and trimming - my second grow should be mega, going to do two plant next time

Comment

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                Lads and lasses: I'm a lass. ;-}

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X