Northern lights 1st grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Northern lights 1st grow

I thought I’d start a grow journal , I’m very new to this so any help along the way is most welcome
    growing northan lights
    2 weeks in and the little fella is doing great, just feeding tap water at the mo as unsure when to give nutrients - PH of water is at 6.1 , just finished putting electrics in for grow tent, so very soon I will be tranplanting into there.

Comment

I’m running a Wilma drip feeder , 600w hps , 20w osolating

Comment

Great start - good luck and ask away.
        ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Comment

I’ll be using plant magic veg part 1 and 2, has anyone used this before ? I did read somewhere to use 1/4 recomended dose at first - dose this seem ok? I’m going to set feeder to feed twice a day for 15 mins- any suggestions welcome

Comment

Looks like you are fixing to fry that little fucker. 600 watts is a bit overkill for one plant. Kind of a waste of electrons. I'd either get some more seeds, or get a smaller light. Get that poor sonofabitch some sun glasses. All joking aside use this chart to set the distance for your light. https://www.growweedeasy.com/hps-gro...-mh-hps-plants Good luck. You picked an easy, and great strain.

Comment

• starramus
                starramus commented
                Editing a comment
                I'd keep that HPS well away until the plant bulks up a bit.

• starramus
                starramus commented
                Editing a comment
                On your fertilizer question Plant Magic appears to be a general purpose vegetable/shrub/tree fertilizer. You need something a little more specialized for cannabis. This will do you well. https://www.amazon.com/Fox-Farm-Liqu...fox+farms+trio

Thanks , I’ll look into some different nutrients , I couldn’t tell the guy what I was growing for ovious reasons , not even growing for myself , the girl friend suffers with arthritis and sleeping , she has tried a little smoke and wow what a difference it makes - happy girl friend = easy life

Comment

Fox trio ordered - thanks god you guys no what you are doing - thanks for the advice , could I just change build to something a little smaller than 600w ? I have a 600w ballest if this helps

Comment

• starramus
                  starramus commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Some are switchable, you could get by with a few CFLs for early veg. save the HPS for later & flower. you might get a few more plants started. get more flower for your electric bill outlay. pick up some Aurora Indica seeds from Nirvana. Your girl friend will really appreciate it, and be even HAPPIER!
                  Last edited by starramus; 12-10-2018, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Comment

New nutrients on way - this is week 2 , was using wrong liquid feed - tent is ready to go and I’ve ordered a few more seeds so I can have 4 plants on the go - how long do you keep these in veg stage? Or is this dependant on finished size of plant you want , as this is my first time I’ll leave training for now and get the basics sorted

Comment

Good evening GWe I’m having a few issues in tent - when lights are on the humidity drops to around 35 and with lights off it seems ok at around 60 , is there anything I can do to get a little more humidity with lights on ? Also how often would you change resivour ? I’m now using fox farms trio

Comment

• LurkingInTheGrass
                        LurkingInTheGrass commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Change your res, every 7-10 days

600w HPS?
                        Are you venting the tent at all or just internal circulation?
                        What are temps like?
                        Last edited by LurkingInTheGrass; 12-16-2018, 10:46 PM.

• alltatup
                        alltatup commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Hi simon, you can also put a wet towel in the tent during the day.

I have a 4in in-line fan with carbon filter , 6in osalating fan and a 600w hps
                      temps with light off are 12c ish and 60+ humidity
                      temps with lights on are around 23c and 35 humidity , I’m guessing these temps are not ideal also

Comment

• LurkingInTheGrass
                        Editing a comment
                        A little warmer would be good, BUT if you go warmer, you could further drop your RH. I don't remember if I read here, or elsewhere, a 10C difference between day and night is acceptable (beneficial in late flower)

It can be a mindgame 😁. Really frustrating, fun and rewarding (I keep reminding myself of the last two 😁)

Not sure if you have looked through any of Nebulas works, but there is plenty to read
                        Learn how to control humidity in the cannabis grow room to get faster growth and better yields!

• alltatup
                        alltatup commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I totally agree with Lurking: 12c at night is a little cool for a baby Cannabis plant.

Evening all , been away for holidays - plant is doing well considering I have killed most green things I’ve tryed to grow, this is week 3 in veg - the only problem I’m having is keeping my resivoir solution mixed - the fox farm bloom seems to separate and settle in tank even after using a pump to keep a good flow for water

Comment

• LurkingInTheGrass
                        Editing a comment
                        drop an airstone into the reservoir - give it some bubbles too

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X